4 More LNG Export Terminals proposed for Prince Rupert Area

And just like that, proposed LNG export terminals for Prince Rupert Area have tripled from 2 (Petronas & BG) to 6 (7 if you include the one planned for Kitseault)

vancouversun.com/business/bc … story.html

Thoughts?

Great news for our city IMO.

Yeah great , so when will the city council or whatever is left of it begin thinking of the people or the tax payers , maybe give them something positive to look forward to , such as recreation areas , places in which they can walk and be happy with . We have the makings of becoming a Sudbury , just an industrial town with Bars , hardcore drugs and stores which are retreads , Walmart which looks worse then Zellars , Fields second or third time around . Can this council or chamber of commerce learn to work for the people and not just their pockets?

[quote=“bthedog”]And just like that, proposed LNG export terminals for Prince Rupert Area have tripled from 2 (Petronas & BG) to 6 (7 if you include the one planned for Kitseault)

vancouversun.com/business/bc … story.html

Thoughts?

Great news for our city IMO.[/quote]

Indeed!

no town is perfect . huge opportunities in rupert now. if you don’t like it stop whining or move

[quote=“decker”]

no town is perfect . huge opportunities in rupert now. if you don’t like it stop whining or move[/quote]

no doubt , i guess they just want to turn it into a ghost town

Justin…you are a whining troll. Amazing how you get through the day with such a negative attitude

ohhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooo Jennifer Rice is going to have her mouth sewn shut so she can’t say how she really feels about this announcement.

BUILD THEM the more the merrier

I think this is an over optimistic number. I listened to an interview with an industry expert and he said that because these projects are so expensive that they have to get committed, long term contracts with customers at a particular price in order for the pipeline and terminals to be built. The problem is Australia and Russia are getting aggressive in LNG too and he expects the price will fall quite a bit. Anything more than one LNG terminal in the north would be a bonus.

Its tuff sometimes , believe me but thanks to people such as you . You always help me make it to another day . Thanks .

6/7 LNG plants would be huge for this town, if this all goes through, this town will boom like crazy but isn’t this all YEARS away?

I can see this topic is a bit emotionally charged. Let us attack the issues not each other, please. Thank you. :smile:

It seems to me that the boundary expansion is something to look forward to. With all of this development coming online, there will be more land space in which to broaden the tax base. With increased revenue comes better maintained parks, decreased burden on the current tax base, etc. IMO , our current Council is doing a great job considering the mess they inherited. Huge debt, infrastructure that is in dire need of repair, the ongoing mill saga. I wouldn’t want to be them right now.

^I agree. As critical as I have been of council…their hands really are tied. They have limited resources to work with and a lot of things need to be done (infrastructure updates/repairs being the main financial burden facing this city in the future).

The way the NDP feel about LNG it could be a long time before any of this comes to light. They are more concerned with helping the Film Industry in the lower mainland than thinking about the rest of us up in the upper half of the province.

All the NDP have said in regards to LNG is “lets wait” “slow down”, ie red tape, red tape, red tape…these projects cannot afford to wait…they need a government that supports them fully.

[quote=“bthedog”]

All the NDP have said in regards to LNG is “lets wait” “slow down”, ie red tape, red tape, red tape…these projects cannot afford to wait…they need a government that supports them fully.[/quote]

Agreed! This is one of the reasons why we can’t elect the NDP and we can’t afford to shoot ourselves in the foot. Our opportunity is now, lets not waste this chance.

come on what is more sexier hobnobbing with movie stars? or hobnobbing with 300 union jobs for every LNG plant built? Movie stars of course hence the tax breaks for them and not you me or anyone else. so forget about the LNG Plants they are just not sexy enough :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not sure if helping the film industry is the best way to go or not. But, the intent is to help an industry in BC that will keep jobs in BC. Now if you want to be critical of someone hobnobbing with movie stars, I suggest you look at the $11M spent so the premier could spend time hobnobbing with the best of Bollywood.

[quote=“DWhite”]

I am not sure if helping the film industry is the best way to go or not. But, the intent is to help an industry in BC that will keep jobs in BC. Now if you want to be critical of someone hobnobbing with movie stars, I suggest you look at the $11M spent so the premier could spend time hobnobbing with the best of Bollywood.[/quote]

Completely different situation. We already do business with the USA, in fact they are our largest trading partner. We do very little trade with India, and this was an attempt to start to open those doors. India is a huge emerging market and they don’t know BC from Liechtenstein, and these kinds of initiatives are worthwhile.

all seriousness the 7% tax incentive hmmmmmm lets see no HST so the movie industry costs go up 7% so lets give it back to them and tell the small business’s to go screw yourself because now your costs just went up 7% since now you have to pay PST on your goods, if you don’t pass it onto your customers, but hey whats another 7% tax incentive for an industry that will go to the cheapest area no matter what. you don’t think the other provinces or states will match or beat the incentives we give to the film industry? of course they will they are the worst prostitues in the world.

HEY NDP small business’s and the resource sector bring in the most money in this province not the Film industry. If they want to leave let them leave stop subsidizing them, as one economist stated they don’t invest in assets that way they can leave anytime they want. at least the resource sector and small business’s invest in assets.