4 More LNG Export Terminals proposed for Prince Rupert Area

I always wanted to know how to spell Liechtenstein.

[quote=“crazy Horse”]

[quote=“DWhite”]

I am not sure if helping the film industry is the best way to go or not. But, the intent is to help an industry in BC that will keep jobs in BC. Now if you want to be critical of someone hobnobbing with movie stars, I suggest you look at the $11M spent so the premier could spend time hobnobbing with the best of Bollywood.[/quote]

Completely different situation. We already do business with the USA, in fact they are our largest trading partner. We do very little trade with India, and this was an attempt to start to open those doors. India is a huge emerging market and they don’t know BC from Liechtenstein, and these kinds of initiatives are worthwhile.[/quote]

And here I thought it was one of those quick win ethnogate strategies to buy votes in the Indo-Canadian community.

I know we disagree. No problem. But my guess is that most Liberal supporters are disappointed at the NDP fiscal plan. It raises some money here, it shuffles some money there, but none of it is particularly surprising (the tax hikes were promised over a year ago) and there is nothing particularly outlandish on the spending side. They are planning a deficit which is no different than the Liberals have done over the past several years. Yes, the Liberals promised a balanced budget this year, but many analysts dispute the numbers and given the record of the Liberals 2009 pre-election budget, the Liberals can’t really expect to be believed.

theglobeandmail.com/news/bri … vice=print

I am sure both parties have much more to spin over the next month.

[quote=“DWhite”]

And here I thought it was one of those quick win ethnogate strategies to buy votes in the Indo-Canadian community.

I know we disagree. No problem. But my guess is that most Liberal supporters are disappointed at the NDP fiscal plan. It raises some money here, it shuffles some money there, but none of it is particularly surprising (the tax hikes were promised over a year ago) and there is nothing particularly outlandish on the spending side. They are planning a deficit which is no different than the Liberals have done over the past several years. Yes, the Liberals promised a balanced budget this year, but many analysts dispute the numbers and given the record of the Liberals 2009 pre-election budget, the Liberals can’t really expect to be believed.

theglobeandmail.com/news/bri … vice=print

I am sure both parties have much more to spin over the next month.[/quote]

I’m not naive enough to think there was no political agenda here. So yes, on that point we don’t disagree.

But I listened to an interview with Jas Johal and while he was also critical of the political timing, he provided some excellent insight to the importance of attracting business with India. If you can find the interview with Bill Good from earlier this week it is recommended listening. I learned a few things, and Johal is pretty sharp.