You know you’re in Rupert when…

[quote=“smartass”]

I’m glad someone finally mentioned this. Everytime I go to Smiles, the food is crap and the service is even worse. Breakers, Cow Bay Cafe, or Boulets is much better. Hell, I’d rather eat fish from a hotel restaurant than Smiles.[/quote]

I have to somewhat agree too. Although I wouldn’t go as far as you two, I do think that this restaurant is overrated. And they surely don’t have the best fish & chips in town, no matter what people say!

You know you live in P.R when you can make this many jokes about your town and still have more left over.

Borrow the saying we used to use: you know you’re from Vancouver when it rains for fort days and forty nights and no one even cracks a joke about it.
It rained every day when I visited Rupert. We barely noticed, let alone let it stop us. The lady at the motel commented we acted like we were locals…

Don’t feel sorry for me, I hated it there and couldn’t wait to get out.

Orangetang, Fisherman’s direct in Enderby in on Hwy 97 on the right hand side of the road when driving in from Vernon, just past the dilapadated flea market. It’s just a little hub of a place so be careful not to miss it. FD in Salmon Arm is located at DeMille’s farm market on the left hand side of the hwy on your way OUT of town going towards Kamloops. Lord Chumley’s in Vernon is supposedly good too but I’ve never been.

[quote=“smartass”]

I beg to differ on that one. There are lots of happy people in Prince Rupert… maybe they just see you and change their minds? :laughing:[/quote]

hahaha good one

[quote=“kAyB”]

I beg to differ on that one. There are lots of happy people in Prince Rupert… maybe they just see you and change their minds? :laughing:

hahaha good one[/quote]

more like old one

Pubert E Cummings? Okay I’m gonna change mine to Heywood Jablomi…

Sounds like someone was watching The Daily Show last night.

Oh to make fun oh celebs , anit it great.

or… like every night for the last couple months ??

<3 jon stewart <3

need unbiased US election news. :laughing:

1. you know you are in rupert when you see people who dont use there turn signals.
  2. you know you are in rupert when you see people crossing against a red light.
  3. you know you are in rupert when you can smell the pulp mill on a rainy day… ooh so 5 years ago…lol… I sure dont miss that…

[quote=“Astrothug”]1. you know you are in rupert when you see people who dont use there turn signals.
2. you know you are in rupert when you see people crossing against a red light.
3. you know you are in rupert when you can smell the pulp mill on a rainy day… ooh so 5 years ago…lol… I sure dont miss that…[/quote]

you evidently haven’t been in Prince George have you?

Hey man, if there’s one good thing I can say about Prince George, it’s that it doesn’t stink all the time.

That is just because you get used to it.

Nah, I’ve only been there a handful of times.

That’s why I love Rupert–the people. Most everyone smiles! And if they ain’t smiling, then it’s probably becase you aren;t! Everyone is so laid back in Rupert, it’s great.

Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a snow plow on the highway.

“Vacation” means going to Terrace for the weekend.

You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot at the Tim Hortons store at any given time.

You design your kid’s Halloween costume to fit over a Rainsuit.

It takes 3 hours to go to the store for one item even when you’re in a rush because you have to stop and talk to everyone in town.

You know where Kitwanga is, and you pronounce it correctly.

If you actually understand these jokes yoyu know your ture rupert

who are they? Im in kelowna and I hit up this lil fish and chip place called Shady Rest its fuckin good,! but agree’s not like home… Smiles, Peglegs, anywhere LOL

If you swing down to Penticton, Tim, theres a good place, I cant remember if its on the Okanagan Lake beach or the Skaha beach, but it’s called Salty’s, excellent seafood, for down south anyways.