Worst summer ever

This has been one of the worst summer’s ever, and I’ve been here for 25 years. I torture myself by looking at forecasts for other places and they all have sunshine and warm temps. Then I look at the Mountain Ash trees and they seem to be loaded with berries this year, which could possibly mean more snow this winter (thats what the old timers say, more berries more snow, few berries less snow) Going to have to start taking a vitamin D supplement.

Yes, that’s what I don’t like about here. I’ve been here for 6 years and thinking about moving. Last winter was bad enough and I don’t need another snow winter.

It’s an El Nino year. You think it’s bad here, you should be on the east coast.

People got to understand that weather has cycles. But even the ones we’ve grown up with are now changing. The planet has enjoyed about 5000 years of relative stability. But if we look at the geological record, it’s taken some severe twists and turns. It’s going to become more severe and there’s really nowhere you can move to in order to escape it.

The biggest danger is what is can do to farming. Widespread starvation is a very real possibility in your lifetime.
You’re pretty well off where you are, you just don’t know it yet.

Imagine being somewhere like Montreal or Chicago when the food runs out…

x