Winterfest Festivities?

Can someone tell me what is happening for Winterfest? Is there going to be a sailpast? Bonfire? Hate not having a newspaper…Aaaargh !! Thanks !

thenorthernview.com/news/134776528.html

There is a newspaper. It’s the Northern View. It comes once a week, and it’s free! It also posts on this site quite often. Just FYI…

its the exact same every year just keep the same newspaper for events each year then your all set.

maybe one of these years they’ll have a fundraiser to get more lights for the “festival” of lights. maybe have some ornaments that light up hanging off the lampposts on third ave

The truth is out there, you have only to look:

princerupert.ca/events.php?cm=0

prspecialevents.com/Page9.html

…just a few of the sites.

After the demise of The Daily News, all those who habitually gleaned information from that source found themselves cut off from their usual fix.

It can be seen in the archives of HTMF the typical withdrawal symptoms. Many have gone through all the stages of grief and found themselves bereft.

Ah well, time to find a new news habit.

[quote=“Soggy”]The truth is out there, you have only to look:

princerupert.ca/events.php?cm=0

prspecialevents.com/Page9.html

…just a few of the sites.

After the demise of The Daily News, all those who habitually gleaned information from that source found themselves cut off from their usual fix.

It can be seen in the archives of HTMF the typical withdrawal symptoms. Many have gone through all the stages of grief and found themselves bereft.

Ah well, time to find a new news habit.[/quote]

LOL, you perhaps have fonder memories of that institution than most. Many probably just recall that the paper never seemed to get delivered. Nor at the end actually found much news to report on.

And bubba, newspaper might be too generous a term for the Northern View, advertorial insert might best be its genre of late.

I was referring to those halcyon days before Glacier Press. You know, before the new ideas and the need to compete with a weekly.

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

There is a newspaper. It’s the Northern View. It comes once a week, and it’s free! It also posts on this site quite often. Just FYI…[/quote]

Thank you Soggy and yes, I do get the Northern View but it was stuffed into the mailbox so damn tight and with all this rain, it just fell to pieces when I brought it in ! Why is it on here when you ask a simple question, you feel guilty 'cuz you should’ve known better ! Sheeeez !! Nice night for it so heading out! Have a good night everybody !!

YEAH , I GUESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS . I WILL TRY .

Just don’t park at the 7-11!

[quote=“codybear933”]

There is a newspaper. It’s the Northern View. It comes once a week, and it’s free! It also posts on this site quite often. Just FYI… Thank you Soggy and yes, I do get the Northern View but it was stuffed into the mailbox so damn tight and with all this rain, it just fell to pieces when I brought it in ! Why is it on here when you ask a simple question, you feel guilty 'cuz you should’ve known better ! Sheeeez !! Nice night for it so heading out! Have a good night everybody !![/quote]

Did you mean bubbasteve?