Windows 8

Come on Mig what are you going to say about that?

Is this thread from 1995?

Well, there’s that. I don’t think anybody’s even having this debate anymore. I know I’m not.

But yeah, the big advantage of buying an Apple computer is that you don’t have to deal with Windows 8.

Sure, computer guys hate Apple. It cuts them out of the picture. No need to call the tech support guy to install software for you, or to remove spyware. Spend years getting certified to maintain computers, of course your worldview is going to hate computers, phones, tablets that don’t need you. Horseshoe makers hated cars too, I’m sure.

If you’re great with computers, and enjoy tinkering, get a Windows 8 computer. Have fun. Otherwise, who cares? I’ve made more than enough money fixing Windows to buy a heck of a lot of Macs :smile:

zdnet.com/want-the-most-reli … 000014469/

[quote=“MiG”]Well, there’s that. I don’t think anybody’s even having this debate anymore. I know I’m not.

But yeah, the big advantage of buying an Apple computer is that you don’t have to deal with Windows 8.

Sure, computer guys hate Apple. It cuts them out of the picture. No need to call the tech support guy to install software for you, or to remove spyware. Spend years getting certified to maintain computers, of course your worldview is going to hate computers, phones, tablets that don’t need you. Horseshoe makers hated cars too, I’m sure.

If you’re great with computers, and enjoy tinkering, get a Windows 8 computer. Have fun. Otherwise, who cares? I’ve made more than enough money fixing Windows to buy a heck of a lot of Macs :smile:

zdnet.com/want-the-most-reli … 000014469/[/quote]

haven’t had a virus in over 5 years, so that debate is useless! People who get viruses aren’t protected properly and are clickers, they click everything and anything. Certifications, ? you know what kinda BULL SHIT APPLE puts you through just to repair their units, it’s a joke. Ever try taking a MBP apart, it’s harder and takes stupid special tools too…

Nothing wrong with windows 8 or 7 or xp. You guys are just bitching about it, like you did about xp and 7. Nothing new there…

Haven’t had a problem in 5 years with Windows? You’re not most people.

Don’t click on anything? You’re not most people.

Windows is great for you. Glad you love Windows 8.

You’re not most people.

Again, I don’t even know why this is a debate. Why would you care what shoes other people wear? Why would it matter if the shoes that are good for you aren’t good for others?

I’m sure you stand outside of shoe stores and yell at people for how dumb they are paying $100 for shoes when they can get $20 shoes at Wal-mart, right? Look at how smart you are that you’re wearing $20 shoes and they’re wearing $100 shoes! Suckers!

Who cares?

[quote=“MiG”]Haven’t had a problem in 5 years with Windows? You’re not most people.

Don’t click on anything? You’re not most people.

Windows is great for you. Glad you love Windows 8.

You’re not most people.

Again, I don’t even know why this is a debate. Why would you care what shoes other people wear? Why would it matter if the shoes that are good for you aren’t good for others?

I’m sure you stand outside of shoe stores and yell at people for how dumb they are paying $100 for shoes when they can get $20 shoes at Wal-mart, right? Look at how smart you are that you’re wearing $20 shoes and they’re wearing $100 shoes! Suckers!

Who cares?[/quote]

You guys are the ones implying that mac’s are better, in reality, they are both just as good. Mac FANBOYS tend to get mad and grumpy when you say mac’s suck. They don’t really suck, they are just in the past and over priced…

You are right i am not like most people, i just click on anything i want and don’t get viruses spyware and malware… In the last 2 years i’ve installed more than a dozen “untangle” boxes at family members clients houses and other things. I never hear from them about viruses or spyware malware etc etc…

Why would you need Untangle boxes if Windows is so great? Sounds like serious denial to me.

Untangle solves the problem of Window viruses and spyware, adware, etc, right?

So Windows is only good if you use a special router?

Jees.

Calling people Fanboys is a great way of being taken seriously, BTW.

Again, do you stand outside of shoe stores and tell people they’re idiots for buying shoes they want instead of buying the $20 shoes at wal-mart? Sounds like the exact same thing you’re doing here. Hahah! Look at that idiot driving a VW or a Ford! He could have bought a KIA for half the price!

Who cares what computer someone uses? Why does it bother you so much?

Everyone who doesnt listen to jason is an idiot. Seriously though macs do suck. I had a job interview a while back where i had to do basic trouble shooting on a mac and having never really used one it was damn near impossible to fix. Oh wait no it wasnt.

Windows 8 on the other hand is so awesome.

Yeah, flaming and/or labeling people is not helpful here on HTMF. It just irritates people and encourages arguments.

Agreed. Live and let live. Use whatever OS you want. If it works well for you and meets your needs then that is good.

[quote=“jesus”]Everyone who doesnt listen to jason is an idiot. Seriously though macs do suck. I had a job interview a while back where i had to do basic trouble shooting on a mac and having never really used one it was damn near impossible to fix. Oh wait no it wasnt.

Windows 8 on the other hand is so awesome.[/quote]

SHIT! you still around Joel. i thought you like, fell off earth or something…

[quote=“MiG”]Why would you need Untangle boxes if Windows is so great? Sounds like serious denial to me.

Untangle solves the problem of Window viruses and spyware, adware, etc, right?

So Windows is only good if you use a special router?

Jees.

Calling people Fanboys is a great way of being taken seriously, BTW.

Again, do you stand outside of shoe stores and tell people they’re idiots for buying shoes they want instead of buying the $20 shoes at wal-mart? Sounds like the exact same thing you’re doing here. Hahah! Look at that idiot driving a VW or a Ford! He could have bought a KIA for half the price!

Who cares what computer someone uses? Why does it bother you so much?[/quote]

so your saying mac’s don’t need a firewall ? or protection ?

No, I’m saying who cares. Are you saying Volkswagens don’t break down? Or are you saying everyone that isn’t driving a Kia is a sucker?

Seriously, who cares?

I’m not installing a security appliance at friends’ houses because they use Macs, that’s for sure. Why not? Because who cares?

It’s not 1995, why do you think any of this is even relevant? iOS and Android devices are outselling windows devices. Who, other than you, is even having this debate?

Use whatever the heck you want. Who cares?

And I’m serious, do you have the same argument with people who buy $100 shoes, or $20,000 cars?

Personally, I don’t recommend any computer or device to anyone anymore. I don’t care what you buy. I know that if recommend something, it’s an invitation for someone to call me in the middle of the night when their internet isn’t working.

So seriously, use Windows. Have fun. Stop thinking anybody cares. They don’t.

True story, somebody asked me the other day if they should buy an IBM or an Apple. He just looked at me and blinked when I told him that IBM hasn’t made a PC in almost a decade. Talk about living in the past.

Then I told him to pick a price they want to pay, and go to Staples and buy the computer for that price. And that I charge $90/hour if he wants help :smile: So take it somewhere cheaper if he needs help.

[quote=“MiG”]True story, somebody asked me the other day if they should buy an IBM or an Apple. He just looked at me and blinked when I told him that IBM hasn’t made a PC in almost a decade. Talk about living in the past.

Then I told him to pick a price they want to pay, and go to Staples and buy the computer for that price. And that I charge $90/hour if he wants help :smile: So take it somewhere cheaper if he needs help.[/quote]

Same as me, i tell people to buy what they are used to buying, I don’t tell them what one is better or not. People will buy what they want, and spend what they want… I don’t do support, I like you hate being woken up in middle of the night or having my weekends ruined. My work pager does all that for me, so I don’t need more added on top.

Now when people ask me about Dell, i tell them i love them personally, i have their laptops desktops & servers * networking gear in my house. I let them know Lenovo / Thinkpad is also good too.

[quote=“jase”]
Same as me, i tell people to buy what they are used to buying, I don’t tell them what one is better or not. [/quote]

Unless they want to buy a Mac. Sorry. Could not resist. :smile:

I don’t recommend a Mac over a PC.
I don’t sell Macs.
But no shit, 95% of the PC users here couldn’t even tell you what version of Windows they use. They type www.cocacola.com.
Cheap does not mean good, but cheap and stupid merge. Apple doesn’t have to deal with that problem. Just like Mercedes Benz doesn’t.

heehe