Williams

I’d probably go with sociopath rather than psychopath in most of those cases, including Williams.

Probably a good call. There are some similarities, however the differences are notable:

Sociopaths can be anyone from your mother, father, best friend, neighbor or even your co-worker, and you would not even realize that they are dealing with this disorder that affects everything in their daily life. Sociopaths go above and beyond themselves to make sure that other people around them have no idea that their life is something other than what it is. More than likely you have met one or two sociopaths in your life and not even realize it.

Psychopaths on the other hand are very flamboyant with how they deal with their disorder. Some famous psychopaths that you might know about are Charles Manson, Richard Ramirez, Theodore Bundy and David Berkowitz. These four men are famous for being some of the most notorious and manipulative serial killers in history. Not all psychopaths are as out there as these four men, however their rage is almost always as intense, it just depends on how they channel it.

Clearly he has a mental disorder. I think we should send him away for a few months of counseling then release him to the streets as he would be cured by then.

I studied abnormal psychology at UBC back in the late 70s.
According to the newest psycho-babble in the DSM-IV (diagnostic and statistical manual that is used to classify mental disorders) both psychopathy and sociopathy fall under the catch-all classification of antisocial personality disorder.
Williams is a nutjob. :smile:

[quote=“hitest”]I studied abnormal psychology at UBC back in the late 70s.
According to the newest psycho-babble in the DSM-IV (diagnostic and statistical manual that is used to classify mental disorders) both psychopathy and sociopathy fall under the catch-all classification of antisocial personality disorder.
Williams is a nutjob. :smile:[/quote]

That they do, which is why I said psychopath haha. There’s just different types underneath the umbrella term of antisocial personality disorder. Alot of things in the DSM-IV overlap with eachother.

I agree, he is a nutjob. He deserves to be put away with all of the other nut jobs.