Why does our cell service blow?

Ok here it goes…
I leave this rainy city and head to Alberta for 1.5wks. I leave Text messages and make out going calls with no hesitation or dropped calls AT ALL!! its smooth sailing, but as soon as i get back to this rainy town I get horrible service… my texts don’t go thru it says { sending message } and it does that for like 2mins then says could not send. I make phone calls i get dropped calls or it does not go thru at all even my voice mail is fked sometimes :confused:. Are we really getting hosed on our cell service? It sucks only having two providers of cell service in this town :neutral_face:.
Does anyone else have this same problem…do i have to leave town to make phone calls and texting, just to get good service lol
Oh yeah my cell service is from SHITTYWEST! good ole SHITTYWEST paying top dollar for lil or shitty service

My little ole Nokia speak out phone from 7-11 is working just fine, the Rogers backbone in town hasn’t caused me any communication failures of late… and rarely does  :smiley:

Why does our cell service blow?

Because “our” phone company is busy spending money on running a fibre connection to Kitimat and buying property in Kitimat instead of upgrading their network to something from this century.

But think of it from their point of view, you say “i get back to this rainy town I get horrible service… my texts don’t go thru it says { sending message } and it does that for like 2mins then says could not send. I make phone calls i get dropped calls or it does not go thru at all even my voice mail is fked sometimes”

…  and you’re still a customer.

So they must be doing something right.

Not only does citywest’s cell service suck, so does the $39.95 internet it is a rip off.
      I pay for 2 MB /s and get 56K for christ sakes, i’m sick of it, c’mon somemone else with a internet phone and HD cable package better be saving us soon …

It is ShittyWest’s style… charge them top dollar and give them the bare banes of today’s technology that is lagging in Rupert… and the reason we pay is because Rogers is no better… Where else we going to go F’kin SHITTYWEST has us cornered… oh well wouldn’t be the first place to take advantage of people Finances… in this town… never ending story in Rupert… Terrace is the asshole and we are 130km up it… stuck in shit… shitty service, shitty stores, shitty attitudes… but look on the up side we are privileged to have such wonderful nature around us.

I’m also very happy with my inexpensive Samsung unit from East Wind; it works very well indeed on the Rogers network.  No dropped calls and text messages always get through.

Ditto  :smiley:

Well Put Chicklet :smiley:… So true, So true… I LOVE IT! :smiley:

I went in and complained about numerous dropped calls (especially long distance ones) and triple texts.  Since then my service has been much better, I still get dropped calls, but nowhere near as often as before the complaint. 
My other half has a Rogers cell, which I may steal to get an iphone  :stuck_out_tongue: , he has yet to get a dropped call.

I might have had 6 dropped calls since they changed over…I can’t really complain about the cell service…the internet on the other hand…don’t get me started!!  :smiley: