Where is this? #8

[quote=“futuregirl”]
Was this place in a movie?[/quote]

Yes.  9 left.

Paint fumes can cause nausea and vomiting, so make sure you get some fresh air and login to HTMF every few minutes.

Is a slavic language spoken there?

The movie this building was in, was it a recent one?

Recent is a subjective term :wink:  Give me a range of years. 

Do you consider movies with sound “recent” ?  Or black & white movies? 

No, the official language is not a slavic one, but I’m sure there are people there who speak slavic languages, comrade.

8 left!

Well I’ve studied,the trees in all pictures and seen spruce,palm,may leaved typed,hedges, north NA cars, so the only area,that has trees spread out this range is  Northern California…but WWII battles??..were fought at Hawaii,Midway and may other small Island territories,of the U.S. in the pacific…correct, or if you add the one  balloon bomb that blew up kill 2 down south… Org or Wash. so my question is is these city in north america? and was this building built after 1899.?

[quote=“Wee-smack”]
Well I’ve studied,the trees in all pictures and seen spruce,palm,may leaved typed,hedges, north NA cars, so the only area,that has trees spread out this range is  Northern California…but WWII battles??..were fought at Hawaii,Midway and may other small Island territories,of the U.S. in the pacific…correct, or if you add the one  balloon bomb that blew up kill 2 down south… Org or Wash. [/quote]

The question was “Was this country the site of battles in WWII?” and the answer is yes.

Can’t answer direct geography questions, but I’m sure you can ask a question that would give you a yes/no answer for this.  Check out “Where is this #7” for an example.

Yes.  7 left.

Is this building a hospital?

No.  6 left.

To be fair, it’s not an easy yes/no answer.  Because it was built as a hospital, and used in the movie as a hospital, but now is no longer a hospital.

would the country, this city is in, belong to the pacific rim?

Is this movie older than 25 years?

I’ll take that to mean “is the country a member of APEC” – if that’s not what you meant, let me know.  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia-Pacif … ooperation

The answer is Yes. 5 left.

[quote=“futuregirl”]
Is this movie older than 25 years?[/quote]

Yes.  4 left.

St joseph’s hospital  then…now!! The Nat. Reg. of Historic Places.

Can you find a photo or image to verify?  I’m not sure what’s it’s called now.

Do you know the movie?  The City?  The significance? 

Well stick with St.joseph’s hospital ,San Fran.CA. 355 buena vista east.and the movies was Vertigo by Hitchcock and W122.26’24"-N37.46’21" on goggle earth…OK??

Bravo Wee-smack!!  you did it

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Thanks!! the Trees, once I started to look!! gave me the best lead…

You’ve done well by any standard.
Good going.
Gave you a Karma…so  you’re out of the hole…so to speak

THANKS!!! and for the karma,much apprec.!!!

Good stuff!

Your turn now.

Here are the hints that I was dropping about Vertigo and the hospital:

“I hope you’re not sick of these yet.”

• The building is a former hospital

“Let’s see if you can track this one down…”

• Jimmy Stewart plays a detective in the movie

“Futuregirl, stop OCD’ing.  You’re going to drive yourself insane.”

• It’s a sanatorium in the movie…

“Almost caught me off-balance with that one, because of something that will be obvious once it’s solved.”

• off-balance = vertigo …  “solved” the mystery in the movie

“Another view of the building:  It seems to be pretty high.”

• Jimmy Stewart’s character has acrophobia – a fear of heights

“What you want to do is find out the significance of the place, and play detective from that point of view.”

• Play detective…

“you’ll make yourself dizzy trying to find this place/”

• Vertigo!

“Not everything is as straight-forward as it seems.”

• Surprise ending, deception in the movie

“We’re spiraling into some weird mystery here.”

• The movie poster has a big spiral in it.  It’s also a mystery :wink:

“Paint fumes can cause nausea and vomiting, so make sure you get some fresh air and login to HTMF every few minutes.”

• so does Vertigo