Where is this? #21

Is it the location of a psychiatric hospital?

No.

What about a tariff on tea?

What about it?

I don’t think this place had anything to do with that.

Are the immigrants human?

I could make a really funny remark here, but yeah, they are technically human. I’m sure there were other kinds of immigrants too, like maybe rabbits or goats or horses or even rats that came with them.

Time to ask another flag/geography question, I think.

Does the flag have about 51 stars and some stripes?

No.

Do you have to wear a helmet on this island?

No.

[quote=“MiG”]

No.[/quote]

What were you thinking, just out of curiosity? You mean like a hockey helmet? A Viking helmet?

How many questions left?

[quote=“MiG”]

What were you thinking, just out of curiosity? You mean like a hockey helmet? A Viking helmet?[/quote]

No, I was thinking of Garden State. The female character wears a helmet because she had epilepsy. Just grasping at straws, but it was worth a shot.

From my count, one question left. But I’ll let you guys have a couple more before I give you the answer!

So here are some hints:

Natalie Portman’s character in Star Wars would feel safe on this island had she visited it between 1996 and 2001.

Natalie Portman’s character in Garden State would be reminded of this if she had to visit Manhattan via the Holland Tunnel.

If Natalie Portman was in Montreal, looking for hot grits, she might be reminded of the mystery place if she decided to stow away on a CP Rail car bound for a borough of New York… let’s say Queens (only fitting, since she is a queen in Star Wars, isn’t she?).

If she was the kind of queen that paid for her seat, I’m sure she could get a first-class cabin on VIA rail’s service to New York, and go to the Bronx instead. Either way, she’d be reminded of the mystery place at some point in the journey.

This place is not in the continental (48) United States of America.

A few more questions and I’ll add a satellite photo of the island.

Technically, if it’s an island, it is’t continental. So what are you saying here?

[quote=“BigThumb”]

Technically, if it’s an island, it is’t continental. So what are you saying here?[/quote]

Ok, it’s not in the United States of America that are generally referred to as “the lower 48”.

Continents extend below the ocean, eh. Continental shelf. :wink: Or is Prince Rupert not in the continent of North America?

[quote=“MiG”]

Technically, if it’s an island, it is’t continental. So what are you saying here?

Ok, it’s not in the United States of America that are generally referred to as “the lower 48”.

Continents extend below the ocean, eh. Continental shelf. :wink: Or is Prince Rupert not in the continent of North America?[/quote]

You’re right about the continent thing. I still ended up with more info :wink:

I’ve been tricked!

Actually, I have some photos taken of this place that I’ve found (and photos taken from this place, that will hopefully turn on a lightbulb somewhere.

Photos of the island, or from this island:

http://menino.com/t2/island.gif

I cropped it a bit, but I’m sure somebody will recognize the skyline.

And here’s the Garden State connection spelled out… sorta:

http://menino.com/t2/staten.jpg

Might not get you directly to the mystery island, but will land you really close if you can get the connection. Someone might be reminded of the mystery place if they were around here.

Is this Sydney Australia? The island being Goat Island.

http://www.airviewonline.com.au/stock-photographs/photodetails.asp?ID=819

Now you’ve got to tell us about Natalie Portman hangin out near Holland Tunnel while eating Hot Grits near culturally significant under water thingie.