Where is this? #21

Ok, using the “BigThumb” question rules:

http://menino.com/t2/where.jpg

Where is this? Has historical and cultural significance.

And yes, I blurred out the markings, including the sign that would identify the location :wink:

Does the countries flag consist of a maple leaf?

Consist of a maple leaf? No.

Beachcombers!

It’s not a guess, it’s just the first thing I thought of when I saw the photo.

Is the cultural/historical significance only for North Americans?

Is it on the East Coast of North America?

Lamename, you can’t ask this kind of question. BigThumb’s rules state that no direct geographical questions can be asked. You must ask other types of questions.

[quote=“BigThumb”]

Lamename, you can’t ask this kind of question. BigThumb’s rules state that no direct geographical questions can be asked. You must ask other types of questions.[/quote]

Sorry, I’ve missed a few, and wasn’t lurking when all of the rules were stated. I retract the question.

Does the historical significance date prior to 1850?

Nope. Not only for North Americans. Though currently, this place has a small cultural influence on Canada.

The historial significance was over a longer period (ie: not just one particular year), but it began before 1850, yes.

Do the people of this place speak primarily French?

No.

16 questions left.

Was the language on the sign English?

Yes. 15 remaining.

Does this place currently have anything to do with entertainment ( TV/Film/Music)?

Turks & Caicos

Had to do some research on this, but I’d say the answer is no.

It’s not the Turks and Caicos.

Recap:
Historical significance dating back to before 1850 and small cultural influence on Canada. Probably English speaking area. Apparently not in Canada (flag??).

I am quite puzzled by this comment. What could be a small cultural influence outside the entertainment business? Anyone else want to discuss this.

Well, to the best of my knowledge, the answer to:

is no. But that’s to the best of my knowledge. Unfortunately, I can’t really elaborate, it’s just yes / no questions, right?

Edit: on second thought, I’ve just done some reading, and technically, the answer to this question can be yes, on some occasions.

[quote=“MiG”]

Edit: on second thought, I’ve just done some reading, and technically, the answer to this question can be yes, on some occasions.[/quote]

Now I am confused!

ok, another angle.

Is the dock historically significant?