Where is this #20

Japan was definitely “in” both world wars.

It declared war on Germany in August of 1914.

I know, but the role of the Japanese was it took out the Russian naval fleet. World War I was much less of a naval battle then World War II. Not denying the significance of the Japanese role, or the Russian fleet, just in my opinion, the war could have been won without the help of the Japanese.

I guess I was wrong to say they were not in the first world war, but its role in the second certainly overshadows it.

Funny coincidence?

and

but also:

Explain.

[quote=“BigThumb”]Funny coincidence?

the United States and Canada didn’t fight… :open_mouth: :unamused:

and

[quote=“Corrupt_File”]
I guess[/quote]

I was wrong to say they were not in the first world war, but its role in the second certainly overshadows it.

but also:

(ruler_of_pie)?[/quote]

I find this funny in a quirky way.

The first guess was sarcasm.
The second was a retraction of statement.
The third was in spite of the pie guy asking unhelpful questions.

You’re thinking of the 1905 Russo-Japanese war.

Japan was on Russia’s side in World War One.

Japan basically occupied Germany’s possessions in China, and helped the British fleet contain the German pacific squadron.

You’re right about them not being a major player.

Well, I was close. I was thinking back to grade 11 history, so a little stretch of the mind.

[quote=“Corrupt_File”]The first guess was sarcasm.
The second was a retraction of statement.
The third was in spite of the pie guy asking unhelpful questions.[/quote]

I know all this, it’s just that you made two guesses right after talking about moronic guesses. That’s what I find funny!

Slow night?

Well, if you know me, I say “I guess” a lot literally. I get it from my dad. It’s not that we are unsure, it’s just a [bad??] habit.

first i didn’t know the rules, then Illywhacker worded the world war thing badly.

also he said the national flag doesn’t have the colors red white and blue witch excludes England and France along with the US

[quote=“Illywhacker”]

Nope, not here. 14 left.

Yes, both. 13 left.[/quote]

So, explain to me how I answered this question badly. You asked if it was involved in one of the world wars. I answered yes, both. What’s misleading about that?

Case in hand.

[quote=“Illywhacker”]

Yes, both. 13 left.

So, explain to me how I answered this question badly. You asked if it was involved in one of the world wars. I answered yes, both. What’s misleading about that?[/quote]

Well, to take ruler’s defence, it could be misleading. The word here is place, not country. The country was involved in the world wars. If someone says that a place was involved in a world war, it is not moronic to think that conflict actually happened there. Canada was involved in WWII but was Rouleau involved? ( maybe in a way but no conflict happened there as far as we know)
However, I don’t know how you would have answered yes or no to his question without the possibility of the misconception. Maybe by asking him to clarify if he meant place or country.

i read it wrong the first time thats basically what i wanted to know, sorry for the confusion.

now lets get back to the game at hand.

I was looking at maps and aerial photos of P.O.W. camps and things for an hour or so. I too was misled by “this place was involved in both World Wars.”

I guess it’s my turn to come up with a place?

I don’t think any of ruler of pie’s questions were moronic, (I’m not so sure about the poster that asked about smelly names) and I’m sorry for the confusion over the war question. However, in my own defense, what prairie town wasn’t involved in the wars by sending their sons to fight and die?

Of course, hence my reference to:

And we all know you weren’t the one that called his guesses moronic.

I don’t think you were misleading but I could see how one could be confused by the “involved in war” situation.

In my opinion, every place in Canada was involved in the wars. Maybe a battle wasn’t faught there, or a P.O.W. camp wasn’t there, or an air force training base wasn;t there, but the young men who faught, and women who were the one that worked away in the factories in Canada to supply the war machine are from all over. Also the pooling of money into military spending effected most, if not all town and cities in the country.