Where is this #20

is ville or vile part of the name of this town?

Nope. Down to 10 questions.

Nope. Down to 10 questions.

does the place have anything involving smell in its name? (like stinktown or something)

Smelly things bring water to my eyes. So no, odours or smells are not in the name. 9 questions left.

was this involved in world war 2?

tinyurl.com/3zqjl

Also, townofwatrous.com/

Anyway, looks like it, but not exactly. So I may be totally wrong.

I already answered this one for you. The answer was yes to both world wars. I won’t count this as question.

[quote=“MiG”]

tinyurl.com/3zqjl

Also, townofwatrous.com/

Anyway, looks like it, but not exactly. So I may be totally wrong.[/quote]

Wow MiG, that was very clever. Unfortunately it is also totally wrong. Sorry, 8 questions left.

Ok, I take my guess back.

It’s Dog River, Saskatchewan. (AKA Rouleau)

tinyurl.com/4kmho

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_River,_Saskatchewan

No, it’s Rouleau Sask. aka Dog River, but I guess that’s close enough.

It’s pretty cool how similar Rouleau and Watrous are. Watrous is just a little bigger.

For this game, can we totally discount moronic guesses (ruler_of_pie)?

Explain the hint please.

If it has anything to do with “Corner Gas” then it’s ok because I’ve never watched that show. I know, I must be missing something but there’s only so much TV one can watch.

Okay, the town by any other name thing was to point towards having two names for the town; the real one and the fictional one from Corner Gas.

The second hint was the “makes my eyes water” statement which pointed MiG towards Watrous and finally
Rouleau.

mmm… ok.

Got me! hahaha

[quote=“Illywhacker”]

I already answered this one for you. The answer was yes to both world wars. I won’t count this as question.[/quote]

you said it was involved in one of the 2, i was trying to narrow it down

Well the only country (of significance) that was only in one of the two world wars was Japan. It doesn’t have too much prairie farm land I reckon.

it cant be england or france, and England is the only country i can think of thats been in 2 world wars and speaks primarily english

I guess the United States and Canada didn’t fight… :open_mouth: :unamused:

Maybe ruler of pie meant that the territory was the site of war.

His question “was this place involved in one of the world wars?” is not formulated properly. Involved for him might have meant site of battle while for Illywhacker, involved obviously meant sending troops.

I have to admit that for a moment I was a bit confused too. But the prairie look of the place was so obvious that I discounted England. I asked about the spoken language because if it wasn’t an English speaking area, then I would have started to look in the steppes of Eastern Europe.