Where is this? #17

Ok, the only hint, in a round-a-bout way, is “Trying to find this place this will keep you up at night”

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Can I buy a vowel?

Yes you can.  19 left.

Is the official language of this country any other than English or French?

Yes it is.  19.

If I would visit the country where this place is, could I go into a tiny country within it and visit one of Michelangelo’s masterpiece fresco paintings on the ceiling of a  famous chapel in the official residence of the head of  the world’s largest religious body?

Yes. 18

If I would visit the city where this place is, could I go into a tiny country within it and visit one of Michelangelo’s masterpiece fresco paintings on the ceiling of a  famous chapel in the official residence of the head of  the world’s largest religious body?

All roads lead to Rome.

Yes.  17

Man, I don’t feel like spending hours on google earth over Rome.  I’d like to solve the puzzle first.  So let’s see.

Is the clue (keep you up all night) italian translation significant?

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Clue - sorta Italian translation, but works in English too.  16.

Speaking of Italian translation, all those Roman figures of speech (“When in Rome” etc) are exactly the same in Portuguese as they are in English. 

I think the middle of the page is a place calle Piazza Barbarini.  I’m not sure about the clue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fontana_del_Tritone

BigThumb got it before I did though… and same as him, no idea about the clue, I just “brute forced” an aerial search of Rome.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Rome&ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=41.903886,12.488655&spn=0.005909,0.013561&t=h&om=1

I thought that MiG wanted the Trevi Fountain as an answer but the maps I saw put it in a different place.

rome-accom.com/images/map-trevi.gif

You can see that the piazza trevi is to the southwest of the piazza barberini.

Anyway Eso,  I concede to you.  So if we are right, post the next one.

I thought Trevi Fountain as well, but it’s not in the center of that image.

Well, you got the plaza right, but not the building.

It’s Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini. 

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Mari … Cappuccini

The church is most famous as an ossuary, known as the Capuchin Crypt, in which is displayed the bones of over 4000 Capuchin friars, collected between the years of 1528 and 1870. The bones are fashioned into decorative displays in the Baroque and Rococo style.

You learn something new every day!
Did you visit this place MiG?

Edit:  Now that I have looked at pictures, I remember seeing something about this place a long time ago.

If only I had gone back to my previous search method after I found the spot :wink:

I assumed the “up all night” hint had something to do with coffee.