Where is this? ( 15)

The game that keeps on going…going…going.
Ok, this place has important historical significance. I will not answer certain type of geography questions ( i.e. :Is this in the Northern hemisphere?)
Try to get it with other types of questions.

Have fun
http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10150/Findme.jpg

Is it a important historical significance in canada?

Nice Try!

20 to go.

Historical signifigance to the 1800’s?

No

19 to go.

1900’s or later?

Yes.

18…

holy shit smartass, way to narrow it down!! there were only like fifty bazillion things that happened in the 1800s!

hmm, lemme go next! 1800-1850???

dipshit… follow the answers. Now YOU look like the idiot!

I like the long narrow fields. Is this in Quebec?

[quote=“molten universe”]holy $#!? smartass, way to narrow it down!! there were only like fifty bazillion things that happened in the 1800s!

hmm, lemme go next! 1800-1850???[/quote]

She said

to which I said

So not in the 1800’s !

And…

[quote=“Illywhacker”]I like the long narrow fields. Is this in Quebec?

[/quote]

I will not answer this. Read the first post.

I did read the first post. You said you would not answer certain types of geography questions. I was hoping that my question was specific enough to warrant an answer. My mistake :blush:

Yeah, I’m being a bit subjective about what I will answer on this one. However, you could ask the same question in a different way so that you would get an answer.
For example you could ask: Are the people who live there mostly native (insert language of choice here) speakers?
What I want is players to think of ways to arrive to the answer without relying on geography alone and without copying each others questions with slight variations. I know that if I were to play like this myself, I would have a hard time because it would force me to think differently about the problem.
Hey, it’s supposed to be 20 questions and, except for the Vimy Ridge, everyone got it before 10. You got one really fast yourself Illywhacker because you thought differently about the problem.
So 18 questions left. Important historical significance in the 1900’s.

Is the significance military or conflict related?

Yes

17…

is the military or conflict significance internal or external to the place
(ie - like between groups within the place, or a conflict between outside countries/places/groups and that place)

[quote=“habert”]is the military or conflict significance internal or external to the place
(ie - like between groups within the place, or a conflict between outside countries/places/groups and that place)[/quote]

That isn’t a question with a yes/no answer. Please rephrase.

Did the conflict warrant the imposition of martial law?

Not that I know of but I can’t say for sure.
However, wherever there’s conflict/military actions, people are often living under some kind of military rule albeit not always a martial law declared by a head of state.

16 to go.

p. s. Good question, I had to search a bit for an answer and couldn’t come up with a definitve yes or no.

Was the conflict caused by arguements over land claims?