What Prince Rupert NEEDS!

The issue of the dog crap on the waterfront is a serious one just like the dog on leashes…I would assume the leash problem will subside as the weather worsens and the trash just leave their inbred terrier on a chain in their crappy yard…
As for the dog crap the city has to put garbage cans with poo bags attached just like Van etc…At least this way you can leave the dog owner with little choice…And it gives that feeling that letting your dog crap lay unattended is not right and maybe super bylaw guy will magically appear with a 100 dollar fine…

“What about McClymont park. I haven’t been right in there for awhile but isn’t that big enough for dogs to run around and shit in?”

Is the fact that their aren’t places for dogs to shit in freely that big of a deal. Is it that hard to pick up the shit and put it in the trash? PR seems to have enough trouble keeping the city clean (ha!) let alone assigning someone to pick up others dog shit.

Yes, a dog park would be nice but I think there are more pressing issued in Prince Rupert.

If you make the fine for not picking up dog poop large enough, then you’ll quickly see the “RCMP Integrated Dog Poop Plain-Clothes Team” – 5 or 6 mounties hiding near the parks waiting to bust you for not picking up the poop.

But for now, the traffic racket is where the money’s at.  Guess the poop fines aren’t high enough.

Speaking of dog poop, I guess I’m the only one picking it up?  I remember picking up my dog’s “present” near Cow Bay, and an American tourist asked me why I did it…  I told him I didn’t like stepping in crap, so I didn’t want others to step in my dog’s crap.  He just shook his head in disbelief.  Is it that unheard-of to pick up crap?

Oh, and my dog’s always off the leash, unless there are people or other animals nearby.  I trust the dog, I don’t know how others will react to him, though.  I know some people are really scared of dogs, so hey, when there are people around, he goes on the leash.

Haha, I had the same thing happen to me as well.

I like to have mine off leash too as much as possible, its why i stay mostly in Mclymont park and the joining walking trails. It is close to my house and most of the other dog owners I see down there also have theirs off leash too so its just a mutual “mine’s off and so is yours so long as its friendly” type of rule, seems to work just fine I have only had one incident of a pit bull charging at us but it turned out to be very friendly dog, but scared me to damn death as it ran across the field at us with its master running behind calling him. Was quite the experience let me tell you, I thought we were toast.
  I have done one better than picking up her shit, I have taught her to only shit in my yard and nowhere else. Pee pee on walks is fine but number two’s are out, then I just shovel it up once a week or so, this time of year the weather gets rid of alot of it, cept the lawn needs to be mowed too often. I also keep mine on a leash if I see someone coming or a stranger, the off leash rule only applies if its other known dog owners doing the same.

FYI: The waterfront has dog poo bags all along it. It’s a pity that some dog owners won’t make the effort.

And, some of that poo on city sidewalks is HUMAN.

And soylent green is people!

That is probably true.  Heh, I’m sure the RCMP might have something to say if they observed someone taking a dump in our fair city.  What would the ticket read?  Littering?  Public Indecency?  Crapping with undo care and attention?
I wonder what the fine would be? :smile:

This is the funniest thread ever…in cyberspace history. Ever.