What happened to smurfettes's gossip rag?

anyone? :smiley:

I do not know what you are referring to. Is that a rhetorical question?

See, I know what she’s talking about, but I can’t tell you because if I do MIG will delete this thread too. 
Don’t you like it when you check htmf and you’ll find a new thread?

huh?  Is this another word association thread?  Please no.

It’s great to find a new thread, even better if it makes sense  !!!

“Re: what happened to smurfettes’s gossip rag??”

maybe u weren’t here when smurfette posted …if u were this would make sense & maybe u would too…hAha

I do not see a post by Smurfette on this thread. I have read most or all of her posts at one time or another. While I understand her sometimes dry wit I haven’t the slightest clue what you are talking about … seems like a bit of a private giggle shared by a select few, as in yourself and possibly one other person. If you have a point, why don’t you spare us the suspense and make it. This thread strikes me as Wasteland material. 

I remember seeing a post from Smurfette making disparaging remarks about someone not involved in current topics for debate other than by family association, it rightfully seems to have disappeared. Not sure which of the moderators took that action, but it was the right call.

Character assasination is one thing, but unsubstantiated rumour about someones personal life should not be fodder for the exciteable imaginations of the forum participants.

If you can’t back up the post with at least a semblance of evidence, it most likely isn’t going to pass the test of longevity…

You’re looking in the wrong forum.

The rumour is that it was MIG,

LOL, rumour, ok I get your point :smiley:

Ok, I think I remember the thread.  It was about someone having an affair.

I posted a link to the FAQ about anonymity, and the thread was deleted the next time I logged in.  I checked the moderation log, and none of the moderators deleted it.  So I assume whoever started the thread simply had second thoughts and deleted it.

Here’s the link I posted in the thread:

tinyurl.com/q6bduq

Perhaps whoever deleted it can let us know so we don’t all get paranoid about it.

Bottom line, though, is that you’re not really anonymous to me, or to a court order.  So don’t post crap thinking you’re immune to libel and slander laws.

Oh, and as a rule, we (the moderators) don’t delete threads.  We lock them and move them to a private section of the website in case there’s legal action.  This particular thread doesn’t exist there, I just checked.

Bottom line, though, is that you’re not really anonymous to me, or to a court order.  So don’t post crap thinking you’re immune to libel and slander laws.

Oh Thit  :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Heh-heh, yep.  There are limits to anonymity.  We can be compelled to reveal the true identity of a HTMF member if a lawyer produces a court order.  Food for thought.

hehehe  thought so  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes, well, with that chilling thought hopefully this thread, with it unfortunate title that in itself may be defamatory, will slide down the board and into obscurity never to surface again. 

Well, we’re not trying to frighten HTMF members.  But, we are trying to illustrate the point that anonymity is not guaranteed if you malign another person on the Internet. 

I got the answers I needed, then realized (after reading MiG’s link) that I maybe shouldn’t have posted it in the first place, so I deleted it.

So, Ms holeymoley, are we done now? Can we call this one a wrap?

A Herb Chicken Wrap.