What ever happened to

the employees of the former Prince Rupert Daily News? I’d love to hear from any of their writers and salespeople. Email nspp@shaw.ca

I miss The Prince Rupert Daily News papers

What? The View isn’t fulfilling your needs?

This looks like a good place to ask the question: Where are you getting your news now that the Daily is gone?

HTMF and the Vancouver sun (online), as well as Peter Mansbridge every night. We got a thing…

[quote=“Soggy”]What? The View isn’t fulfilling your needs?
[/quote]

Mine hasn’t been delivered in months…

HTMF, Muskeggers, rupertdaily.ca and BCTV is where I get my news fix.

For local news, I read the Podunkian. For everything else, it’s Google news.

I really miss the Daily News, especially for upcoming events like the recent public forum which I missed because I didn’t have that reminder. Rainforest Books and the Lester Centre are starting to use HTMF which is helpful. Anna posted a couple of times about the first public meeting which helped me get there. I was without a computer for a couple of weeks so I don’t know if she posted about the last one. I am not saying it is her responsibilty, but somebody from the city could use this site.

For local news I use HTMF, the Podunkian and now Muskeg News.

Provincially, the Tyee.ca is excellent. I also use google, often to find more information on provincial, federal or world events I might hear on TV.

[quote=“DWhite”]I really miss the Daily News, especially for upcoming events like the recent public forum which I missed because I didn’t have that reminder. Rainforest Books and the Lester Centre are starting to use HTMF which is helpful. Anna posted a couple of times about the first public meeting which helped me get there. I was without a computer for a couple of weeks so I don’t know if she posted about the last one. I am not saying it is her responsibilty, but somebody from the city could use this site.

For local news I use HTMF, the Podunkian and now Muskeg News.

Provincially, the Tyee.ca is excellent. I also use google, often to find more information on provincial, federal or world events I might hear on TV.[/quote]

Not sure that folks can use the “didn’t have a reminder about the forum” card here, the forum was pretty well advertised on htmf, with many updates, more so than any newspaper would have been able to provide.

While you explain you didn’t have a computer which would make sense, still unless the paper is hanging around on the coffee table, most folks only skim through them and then put them away.

But anytime a news service disappears is of course a bad thing for a community, though economics are economics.