Weird MSN offline messages

Anyone else getting these strange offline MSN messages from ppl on your contact list?
Some strange websites it ask you to click on.  This seems to happen after a person on your list logs off…or just before they log on… :confused:

Yea it means their computers are most likely infected with some sort of spyware/adware.

Basicly people falling for “Come Look At My Hot Pics” links… lol

I get them from a Number of people and apparently some say it happens form mine when i am offline and no wheres near a computer

Don’t click on them…send a message back to them that they have a virus…yuck & to clean their machines to stop the spread…

What this is, is a backdoor trojan trying to knowingly recruit other peoples computers into a botnet.

It’s actually quite common sense for the most part, I mean, when someone sends you the message “Hey Man, I didn’t know you went down on this chick…” etc etc.

I wouldn’t advise clicking on any links sent through msn unless you’re speaking to a fellow nerd. Whom of course is not being by some nasty trojan.

Could it be due to a “weak” password? If there isn’t a virus on your computer, change your messenger password to something a little more secure.

I know for sure that it can hack into your system.  Last year when this started happening, I received an offline msg from a buddy and stupid me I clicked on it and a few days later my bebo got hacked…wiped out all my info and said “you have been hacked by…” some game site I can’t remember.

weird stuff. :angry:

For those ppl the could be infected with any kind of Trojans or Mallware in MSN, maybe this could help.

msnvirusremoval.com/download/

many of my clients have had this, weak password, and someone clicking the link are all you need, formating and reinstalling wont work alone, you need to change you passwords at least for a couple days if not for good, also block/remove anyone on your list that sends them, most times, the addresses arent even being used anymore, and the person who owns the address doesnt know it.

HindsFeet didn’t those ladies teach you to spell? What you girls do all the time play bingo or yatzee.

apparently you can’t spell either look at Yahtzee So who should talk

My dad says backdoor trojan is a funny term.  He won’t tell me why.

lol funny.