War of the Worlds

I just watched War of the Worlds. The movie was good…for the first hour and a half. The last couple of minutes were…dissapointing. I won’t give away the ending but I hated it. It was such a dissapointment. After all of the action of the first 1 1/2 hours, i wanted a much more dramatic ending. Maybe i should have read the book or something first but that ending REALLY pissed me off. I was kicking street signs and stuff for a while after watching. The acting and crap wasn’t bad but Dakota Fanning was a bit annoying. All of the little plot holes and crappy ending ruined a perfectly good movie.

Once I saw the alien ‘spider’ like machine thingys, I hated the movie, I found it very boring and a HUGE let down, don’t waste 2 hrs of your life on this one.

I found the ending quite a bit of a let down, but overall it wasn’t too bad of a movie. I generally go to movies for a couple of hours of escapism “me time” so in that regard I didn’t find the experience a bad one.

The big spider thingy’s actually reminded me of the video game “Half life 2”

Mike

[quote=“CrazyMike”]I found the ending quite a bit of a let down, but overall it wasn’t too bad of a movie. I generally go to movies for a couple of hours of escapism “me time” so in that regard I didn’t find the experience a bad one.

The big spider thingy’s actually reminded me of the video game “Half life 2”

Mike[/quote]

Same here, not bad but the ending was too happy, sappy… the kid should have been dead after the mountin blowed up… :smiling_imp:

after some deep thinking, i’ve forgiven the movie’s ending. I just thought it was a bit too happy. I’m into sadder endings, i thought Sam should have died at the end of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. War of the Worlds’ ending showed how we humans don’t control everything, that even the most miniscule of organisms can take down the greatest of creatures. It’s pretty deep…but still too happy.

Read the book, you will be much more pleased with the ending

Garfield is the man. Cats rule.

War of the worlds was a good movie. The ending is actually really cool, I like how it’s more of an ending like that instead of Tom Cruise driving one of those and destroying all of the other machines.