Walmart in the rear view mirror

My last day at Walmart was July 24th. I am officially retired again. Haha.
I originally wanted to have half time hours, but, the management team quickly bumped me up to 30+ hours/per week. My shifts were all over the place. One day an early morning shift. The next day a closing shift. I found that to be exhausting.
As a former union member I was uncomfortable with what I saw at Walmart. It’s good to be free again.
My wife and I are going on a short road trip today to Terrace. Shopping and a meal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats on re-retiring! Any other opportunities for a part time job in Rupert?

I’m starting a new job too. I wish I could retire soon!
I wonder if it will let me embed this.

2 Likes

Thanks MiG,

It is good to be free! There’s lots of low-end work available in PR I think. I’m not interested in working here at the moment. I’ve had an offer of a remote work-from-home IT job that came from a Slackware buddy of mine who lives in the USA. Thinking about it. Very tired from the Walmart job.
Congrats on the new college job, MiG! Is it IT related?

Yeah. Computer Systems Technology. Computer science and IT, Networking , etc.

Ask me again in 6 months how it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Enjoy. I too have cut back for age & health reasons, quit a stand-in job and turned down a couple others that were simply too much work.
My brain is getting fuzzy too, hard relearning Linux stuff after a decade of working on only Windows home machines. Watched some vids of programming C64s w assembly and can’t believe I used to do that!

1 Like