Video (sound clip) of TT 351

Status symbols!!!.. its all they are. I could see buying a lincoln navagator if I had 6 kids and a big trailer to haul, and no regards for pollution or my wallet size.

[quote=“rangerwreck”]I’d go for a Super Duty if I could afford it, or the gas to drive a full size for that matter. Fuckin’ give me an 80s flareside F-150.

Makes me sad though that because everyone and their mom drives a huge 4 door diesel pickup now, that they’re making them into luxury cars. I like trucks that are built like trucks, and drive like trucks.

The new Ranger got a bad review from some company because it rode rough, and the syling hasn’t been changed enough. It’s a truck for fuck sakes. In another review, they drove a Honda Ridgeline down a bumpy gravel road (something like Wantage road), and it blew all four of its pussy ass unibody bitch stick struts. All the other trucks survived…

I hate IFS trucks, I hate unibody trucks, I hate “crumple zones”, cloth floors, 4 doors (ext. cab okay), and baby seats. Buy a goddamn car, or a big soccer mom SUV.

Too many 1 ton trucks around. With pristene truck beds. “Don’t put anythign back there! You’ll scratch the paint…” Shit, get the 1/2 or 3/4 ton, the ride will be munch nicey on that cushy domesticated migarita sipping middle aged ass of yours, bitch.

By the time I want to buy a truck, they’ll have more doors than inches of ground clearence. 4 low will be replaced with “super independant safety all wheel drive bitch drive”, and the only options I’ll have are “2 or 4 subwoofers” and “9 or 12 airbags, with optional helmets”.[/quote]

Dude, I so get what you’re saying… like, brand new Dodge half-ton trucks now use rack & pinion steering… I’m like ftw stfu pwnz newb! It’s supposed to be a full-size truck.

I also get what MiG is saying, about why do people buy trucks when all they need is a car? I actually read a report that was linked from Slashdot, about how the difference in size, weight, and structure between a full-size pickup and a regular passenger car are so severe, that thousands of people get killed every year because their cars get speared by the leading tips of the frame rails.

However, I think probably one out of every six or so regular car owners should have a truck, because everybody needs a buddy with a truck. I’ve got a couch sitting in my living room that I want to take to the dump (anyone want a free couch that mostly works?), but haven’t gotten around to harpooning someone’s truck.

[quote=“MiG”]I can’t wait for the el-camino-ish minivan-pickup truck mashup.

The minivanpickuptruck. How’s that for a crossover?[/quote]

http://www.d.lycos.de/startseite/auto/newlook/images/large/13832_1103805587366.jpg

Mythbusters is doing the “tailgate down = better mileage” myth right now… Well, maybe not right now, but on the TiVo.

Cai, Joel, Beef and Josh want a couch.

The working man image is going to the wayside with these new “wussy” trucks. GMC sold out a long time ago with their suspension, the Super Duties still use beefy axles, and I think the Dodges do too, at least the larger ones? The Cummins diesel is sweet, but the Hemi is marketing–the same “hemi” (pent roof) cylinder heads can be found in my Tempo.

The Dodge Mega-Cab or whateverthefuck it is, is a joke. A giant cab, that takes up more bed space, so the passengers in the rear can recline. Aww, isn’t that special.

I guess if you can afford to fuel your new “tank”, then go for it. Some of the people who own these giant trucks can’t though, which is pretty sad.

All way too often I could use a truck though. I loved my Rangers. Easy to drive, cheap to run, and you could still pack home that engine block you picked up at the wreckers. They were solid in that era too, you could really beat the crap out of them like you’d expect from a truck.

I think my Pathfinder fits into the category of vehicle currently being flamed by everyone here on HTMF this evening, but I stand by it. It’s safe, reliable and has 4 wheel drive and room to carry ALL of my shit, and then some. It may be a lot heavier and have a smaller engine than the Firebird, but it gets better fuel economy and produces almost 100 more HP. That said, it handles very well thanks to the unibody construction, which has proven to be more rigid, lighter and safer than body on frame designs. A major plus unless you intend to lift it, like I did…

People bashed my Talon too (eso :wink:) but I really dont care it does what I need it to do and 500k to a tank isnt too bad. No real point other than dont listen to people if it works for you great 8)

Hey man, Talons/Eclipses are awesome…

… if you’re a millionaire.

[quote=“Eso”]

People bashed my Talon too (eso :wink:) but I really dont care it does what I need it to do and 500k to a tank isnt too bad. No real point other than dont listen to people if it works for you great 8)[/quote]

Hey man, Talons/Eclipses are awesome…

… if you’re a millionaire.

:laughing: Mine’s been pretty good to me so far, once i get a new job it will be moved from daily driver to toy 8)

Happiness is a 6 1/2" cowl hood scoop

http://geoff.yi.org/albums/mustang/100_0179.jpg

^ When you finish the Mustang, make sure you raced it against the Totem Ford 'Stang. My friend (you know him, Ryan, cardomain/sasquatch_ryda etc) showed me some of the stuff he was ordering for that and it’s going to be sooo sick. I don’t know exactly what they’re using for an engine, but when he mentioned 410hp before whatever else they do to it, it gave me chills.

He and I test drove that Ford before it was purchased and… well it’s a bit different from my Jetta. Even with it’s stock specs (225hp/300lbft) I had trouble keeping the wheels from spinning because I gave it the same amount of gas I would with the Jetta after shifting into second. But damn, that car was sooooo fun.

Does he own the car? Are they getting him to soup it up? Thats’ sweet… fuck I’d love a new Mustang, haha.

He doesn’t own it, it’s totem ford’s, an '89 LX they’re doing up for the drags.