Ultra slow internet

UGGGG… I thought it was just my home internet conection being slow but we’re crippled at the office today as well. SO SLOW. Can’t get on half the pages we need.

yea me too  Thought it was just me  thanks lol

It’s weird how I can always seem to get on here easy enough though. I notice the RS feeds aren’t working on a couple of the home page links.

I think there is a large power outage in Vancouver, I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Quite possibly. I tried to get on the Citywest site to see if they had any notices up but it timed out.

lol I kept restarting my router thinking it was just me…

This may be a localized issue with CityWest or something to do with the power failure in Vancouver.
The Internetz is speedy down here in Delta.  I’ve had difficulty accessing Citywest websites today.

Here in town the internet seems to be back to normal…

When I got up this morning, the web was 90% unusable, same as at work for most of the morning. Seems better now.

I live on jamaica avenue, according to Citywest my internet will always be slow no matter what I do :smiley: so it’s sall good! :smile:

According to SHITTYWEST,  Telus was doing some splicing up the line and things didn’t go so well.

I have noticed lost connections everytime at the same day. At first I thought it was my pc. It dosen’t seem fair I am paying for a service monthly which constantly goes down. Citywest should credit our bills. I am sure the lost monies would ensure better service.

There was a short/fire in the power lines under Vancouver. One of the places knocked out was Harbour Center, all the main routers and pipes and Peer1 hosting is connected under there.
To screw things up worse, a backup generator failed. Took over 24 hrs to repair the mess.
Today The Province mentioned how it managed to get the paper out with laptops and portable generators.
We’ll all be getting a nice big fat Hydro hike to help prevent things like that…

RE:I have noticed lost connections everytime at the same day. At first I thought it was my pc. It dosen’t seem fair I am paying for a service monthly which constantly goes down. Citywest should credit our bills. I am sure the lost monies would ensure better service.

you know I agree that city west is far from perfect, but isnt a problem which occured in Vancouver something beyond their control?? Lost connections daily needs to be looked at but the problem today happened as a result of things far beyond their scope…
I have a friend on Vancouver Island where the only internet service available is telus, I know that ours is run off telus lines as well, but we have very good internet service here compared to what she has there…  Plus with Telus all you get is a 1 800 number.
Here we get local people making good union wages which goes back into our own economy…  Much of the telus call center work has been farmed out to non union call centers… 

why is it that i get good download speeds at 1am but in the day time they are crap, and yes i was getting the same download speeds day or night before. at night i can get speeds of 40-50kb/sec day time i’m lucky to get 10-14kb/sec…this sucks! even download accelerator does not help! 1hrs to down something that should be done in 15min :angry:, yes i have tried downloading with out the DAP downloader cus it works better with out it lately. anyone got ideas as to upping the speeds again?

Uh, since you are so close to the folks at Citywest there eye, perhaps you could contact one or two of them and suggest that maybe some regular updates on their website might be nice.

Considering the agnoizingly slow speed of the net today, wouldn’t mind knowing what the problem is, when it is going to be fixed and oh, maybe if on next months bill we could get a reduced rate for the reduced quality of service.

They may be  local and making good Union wages but it sure doesn’t seem to guarantee that the service is very good at times, a problem that seems to be getting worse instead of better,

I can only assume that your friend on the island is using tin cans and waxed string for her/his connection, cause juding by the last few days here at my end of town we’re using the same technology … :unamused:   

You can always get to HTMF because you don’t have to go through the internet to get here.  It’s in my basement :wink:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/298346163.png

Download from Vancouver server from Delta:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/298361126.png

Download from Rupert server from Delta:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/298361554.png

Pretty similar:-)