Ugly stick swinging incident on Long Island

Chris Simon has probably played his last game in the NHL for this season and maybe forever after a rather ugly stick swinging attack on the Rangers Ryan Hollweg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esETGHljQi4)

Tonight’s incident comes three years to the day of the Bertuzzi/Moore incident.

It will be interesting to see how Colin Campbell handles this one, been a string of ugly things happenig in the last couple of weeks.

That’s got to be worth at least two or three goalie fights.

Holy crap that was ugly.  He better get suspended for the rest of the season and the playoffs, have to make a tearful, televised apology, and have a court case against him or I’ll be really pissed off.

Oh yeah, and when I read the title of this thread, I thought you were talking about a real fugly dude.

Whoa, that was a vicious thing to do, totally uncalled for. :imp:

Brent Sopel was playing in Phoenix at the time.

The minimum he should get is what McSorley got when he clubbed out Donald, but I think he should get even more, with all the publicity and outcry about “head shots”.  Too bad he didn’t do it to Avery. lol

Judge Smartass has it with the exception of the tearful, televised apology and the court case…

Hollwegg was showing off his battle scars after the game and taking credit for “taking one for the team”, so the careeer threatening aspect of the swing is gone. And after the game Simon was only mad at himself for putting his team in the position to lose the game, beacuse of a short handed goal.

So like ChiefDave said the McSorley rule will come into effect, the season and the playoffs, with a review at the start of the year if Simon is still considering playing at that time.

That is unless the NHL decides that this is the one to show they mean business, it did happen in New York, which means that Gary Bettman will at least hear a rumour of something  happening in his empire…