TV picture gone after power outage

Hey Techs,

I have lost the picture to my TV since the power outage yesterday. I have cable with a PVR as well as Apple TV. The Apple TV works, picture and sound but the TV screen has a " No Program" message on it when I try to watch cable. The sound from whatever channel it’s on is there but no picture.
As I said, the Apple TV picture works so I am at a loss as to what’s up here.
Any ideas???

Hey Techs,

I have lost the picture to my TV since the power outage yesterday. I have cable with a PVR as well as Apple TV. The Apple TV works, picture and sound but the TV screen has a " No Program" message on it when I try to watch cable. The sound from whatever channel it’s on is there but no picture.
As I said, the Apple TV picture works so I am at a loss as to what’s up here.
Any ideas???

Unplug your pvr and leave it for 5 minutes then plug back in. The pvr needs to reboot probably. If that doesn’t work I don’t know.

unplug your digital box wait 30 seconds and replug it in let it reboot itself and make sure your tv is on the right channel as well

Tried the unplug thing…thanks but no go…
So sad.
Try CityWest tomorrow I suppose…

Try the troubleshooting guide in your manual. If you don’t have a hard copy you can get it online. Good luck

Thanks…
Having Citywest do a reset now. We will see and I will let this post know what happens.
Citywest say they have a long list of complaints from the power outage.
I wonder how much BC Hydro would want to help folks who have ruined equipment, although I am guessing " not at all"?

[quote=“BOW”]Thanks…
Having Citywest do a reset now. We will see and I will let this post know what happens.
Citywest say they have a long list of complaints from the power outage.
I wonder how much BC Hydro would want to help folks who have ruined equipment, although I am guessing " not at all"?[/quote]

LOL they will not help anyone out. Maybe you should look at getting a UPS in case this happens again

[quote=“BOW”]
I wonder how much BC Hydro would want to help folks who have ruined equipment, although I am guessing " not at all"?[/quote]

If it is a planned outage BC Hydro will sometimes announce it. I’m glad I have really good surge protectors and several UPSs for my stuff.

Yeah me too. And sometimes they even fucking work.

Got it all fixed. Thanks for the advice though. It was the power brown out and surge that caused the amp assignments to change.
I do have UPS and surge protection but apparently not enough!
Thinking of getting a power conditioner put in to where the power comes in to the house now.

Got it all fixed. Thanks for the advice though. It was the power brown out and surge that caused the amp assignments to change.
I do have UPS and surge protection but apparently not enough!
Thinking of getting a power conditioner put in to where the power comes in to the house now.