Trooper

Whenever I drive through Chilliwack, I always start in with the “gone gone gone, she’s been gone so long…”

Exactly. And since this after all is an American website (it’s a dot com, not a dot ca), you’ve proven my point.

And since you’re an American, Hoshq.com, then you obviously, by your own standards, only listen to American hits, right? Because anything else would be unbearable?

Or, to put it in another way, you are so totally full of shit. But hey, you’re an American, right?

hoshq,

Here are a couple of sites you should visit:

http://diane.island.net/~pta/

and if this isn’t your thing then go here and join:

http://www.sealander.com/Bitterworld.html

[quote=“MiG”]

And since you’re an American, Hoshq.com, then you obviously, by your own standards, only listen to American hits, right? Because anything else would be unbearable?

Or, to put it in another way, you are so totally full of shit. But hey, you’re an American, right?[/quote]

that explains everything

[quote=“hoshq”]

Exactly. And since this after all is an American website (it’s a dot com, not a dot ca), you’ve proven my point.[/quote]

I beg to differ there .com does not mean american websites, .com is used around the world, from my understanding .com was the first, than along came ICANN, the organization that governs domains. they approve new domains Like ca, US .biz, .info, .aero, .coop, .musuem, .pro, and .name. to name a few. just becouse the Protocal that was first used was .com does not mean that its AMERICAN, it belong to the world. Also .com will be always associated with the internet. here is a break down of the meaning of .com

If you see an Internet address that ends in .com (dot com), that stands for commercial, meaning a company or business of some sort, .org stands for organization, .gov stands for government, .net stands for Internet related, .edu stands for education, and .mil is for military. :smiling_imp:

Acutally .arpa was the first to be used.

A few of the first .com’s to come around were:

Domain Name: SRI.COM
Updated Date: 22-oct-2004
Creation Date: 17-jan-1986
Expiration Date: 18-jan-2006

Domain Name: SYMBOLICS.COM
Updated Date: 21-oct-2004
Creation Date: 15-mar-1985
Expiration Date: 16-mar-2007

I’m too lazy to find a link to an explanation of top-level domains, but I’m pretty sure .mil and .gov are the property of the American government, and the American military.