Tri-City Business Mountain Challenge

Starting October 24th through November 30th, an exciting new fundraising initiative for Shames Mountain and My Mountain Co-op begins in Terrace, Kitimat, and Prince Rupert. You may have already heard about it on CFNR: the Tri-City Business Mountain Challenge is a way for you to support both MMC and local businesses that care deeply about social responsibility and keeping families active and healthy.

The Tri-City Mountain Business Challenge consists of an essay contest for students, as well as a six-week series of “Shames Mountain Powder Power Hour” events at a variety of local businesses around the region. At these events, a substantial portion of the money you spend to purchase goods or services goes directly to My Moutain Co-op. It’s a great way to spend money for which you have already budgeted, and also support MMC. Double the impact!

At each event, you can enter your receipt for additional prize draws, and MMC volunteers will be on hand to sell you merchandise, memberships, and season passes, and to update you on the latest MMC info. Participating merchants will also have free bumper stickers - don’t forget to ask for yours and stick it on the family wagon to show the region how you feel!

The Tri-City Business Mountain Challenge is an amazing example of the time and energy that the people of this region, both MMC volunteers and local independent business-owners, have been willing to invest into keeping Shames open. Make sure to check the website (spaessentialsterrace.ca/tric … llenge.php) often for information on events and opportunities to volunteer.

The first Prince Rupert event is this Wednesday at Opa’s Sushi between 11 and noon.

Traditional Yoga in Prince Rupert is participating in the Tri-City Business Mountain Challenge by contributing the drop-in proceeds from its Saturday 11-12 pm classes for the month of November.

This Yoga class is called “Mysore Ashtanga” and requires a basic level of fitness. Its benefits include flexibilty, strength and stamina. Great for pre-ski season!

$13/adult $11/Student&Senior (Taxes included).

[quote=“guitargrrl”]Traditional Yoga in Prince Rupert is participating in the Tri-City Business Mountain Challenge by contributing the drop-in proceeds from its Saturday 11-12 pm classes for the month of November.

This Yoga class is called “Mysore Ashtanga” and requires a basic level of fitness. Its benefits include flexibilty, strength and stamina. Great for pre-ski season!

$13/adult $11/Student&Senior (Taxes included).[/quote]

Your yoga tune up seems quite appropriate!

I skied once, I remember saying "My Sore A… " wasn’t Ashtanga though

good luck with your fundraising efforts