Tragic Anniversary

On September 16, it will be the 4-yr anniversary of the tragic accident that took from us: Rory, Nick, and Tanner. Anyway, we’d just like to send our thoughts out to their families as well as to the Wagner and Ireland families for the loss of their sons Jeff and Aiden in April of 2001.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

J&M Wolfe

My condolences.

Wow time flies.

I’m glad nothing else like that has happened up here lately… to that extent anyways… maybe kids are finally getting the hint that water isn’t a good place to party around.

My personal condolaneces to the Flanagagan flamily. But, Smartass, what you said just about made me sick.

That was out of line. I didnt know them at all. but my condolences to the family and friends.

Uh what was so bad??? Yes, I’m sorry the guys drowned… I didn’t know any of them personally, but I still felt for the families and friends when it all happened. I didn’t mean any ill will by it, don’t get me wrong.

It’s just sad that even after 7 kids died as a result of it, kids STILL go out and party across the harbour, and Skeena. Do they still party at the cabins across Prudhomme? That was a big party spot in the 80’s and early 90’s… until yet again… a boat overturned and kids drowned, I’m not sure of it, but maybe twice?

Maybe they felt that might have been a rude and harsh thing to say in a thread concerning the deaths of several people?

People smoke, which sometimes leads to cancer, DOES THAT MEAN THEY SHOULD DIE AND LEARN FROM IT…??????
Give me a break…i just hope no else reads that , that knew them so well.
cause quite simply, that was the largest disrepect i have ever seen, and i think your older than me…maybe 25 or 26 so i bring some maturity out of that age apologize or just take the post off.

The thing I find truly sick is how you all bitch and moan at Smartass because she said something that is true.
And even more sickening is the fact that you bitch and moan, and cry “Disrespect” even after she explained she meant no ill will in saying what she did.
If you don’t think that there is a danger by drinking near or on the water, than thats your choice, but its a foolish one. And you see that, by example.

Yes, I do think that it was a horrible thing that happened, and my condolences go out to the families. But I also think that people should atleast try to understand, and maybe realize the true dangers that surround us. And like Smartass said, hopefully people will learn from such trajic events.

But in the end. To each their own. Do what you will, say what you will. But if you can’t learn from such a trajic example, you’ll get no sympathy from me.

Wow… I think everyone in here needs to take a valium or two to calm down. Yes what happened was a tragedy and we all wish it hadn’t happened. Yes, we all hope that no one else has the same thing happen to them or thier families. Yes, we all wish the families well.

When you set aside all the hate thats the jist of what each and every person here is trying to say. Maybe they could have chosen better words to express themselves. Maybe, people should realize that and not jump to conclusions or start a flame war in a somber post thats trying to honor someones loss.

Mike

CrazyMike, this is honestly the best post I have ever read on htmf.

I knew two of the three young men ( Rory and Nick) and I too feel very sad about what happened to them. They were liked by many. I, like many others, can’t hear the song “with arms wide open” from Creed without thinking of them because that is the one they played at the memorial service at the PAC.

I think that a little more judgement would have help those who jumped at smartass’s throat. And smartass could have been a little more delicate in the way she expressed her view. But she did clarify later on and I was satisfied with that.

To the parents, siblings and friends of those youths that drowned, I want to express my sincere condolence. To these brave people I offer these words from Mother Theresa: “To have courage for whatever comes in life —everything lies in that”

Humans make errors, plain and simple. This thread was intended on celebrating the lives of these young people who have left us in a tragic way.
Smartass should have posted her view on people’s personal habits in a different thread, rather than one that is dedicated to these folks.
I notice that the majority of the threads lead to people ridiculing other people’s lives. Talking about the negativity that is personal to other people gets us no where. It just shows people how bitter the writer is.

Ridicule? Hardly. If she stated that she though they were stupid or something disrespectful, there would be foundation to your feelings. I don’t know these kids, never did, all I know is they made a lethal mistake and maybe that will teach other teens that we aren’t invincible. I recall a similar instance that may resemble this. When I was younger, I used to go four wheeling in a nearby sandpit. My dad told me a story about how a friend sof his son died by tunneling in sand an it collapsing in on him. That same day when I was four wheeling there, my buddies asked if we wanted to see if we could dig a tunnel. I told them the story and we didn’t dig, which possibly saved one or more of our lives. My dad didn’t tell me about it out of ridicule, it was simpfly helpful, possibly life-saving advise.

My husband was a very close friend of Jeff’s and had been for about 20 years. I didn’t know him very well at the time of his death, but he had always been good to me, and had gone out of his way for me on one occasion which I will never forget. So it is for this reason that I would like to clarify the circumstance(s) surrounding his death. The boys that died in this particular tragedy died of hypothermia after being thrown into the water when their skiff hit a sandbar. They were all wearing life jackets, and alcohol was supposedly not a factor.

Whether this information is entirely true or not, I don’t know, but I would like to point out that this accident was not a direct result of alcohol abuse.

-M Wolfe