Top 10 most influential Canadians

only if we let it happen

the ‘people in power’ are just people. we gave them the power. we can take it back.

[quote=“Alpine Scrub”]only if we let it happen

the ‘people in power’ are just people. we gave them the power. we can take it back.[/quote]

the people who run the goverment were not elected. those people we elected are puppets. the real people who run goverment are the oil companies, and companies like Halliburton, run countries. They lobby the goverment with pay offs or bribrary. take for example the oil in hecate straight, lets say the goverment at this time says no to oil and gas exploration no problem. Why do you ask? couse right now its to costly to extract the oil and gas. Now lets say 2 to 5 years from now the technology to extract the oil and gas is feasable. It would not matter if there was an moritoriam, these companies have thousands of lawyer who work for them and there job is to lobby the goverment to get what they want, with a small army of lawyer’s you can do what ever you want.
like drilling of the coast of BC, or like venezuela.

[quote=“Alpine Scrub”]only if we let it happen

the ‘people in power’ are just people. we gave them the power. we can take it back.[/quote]

very smart.

Alexandar Graham Bell, might not have actually created the telephone but he was the one that worked with it, and got it actually working.

He also created Canada’s first airplane.

Terry Fox; I agree with Mig is a great influence to Canadian’s, and had a very positive aura about him. He really is a great role model for Canadians.

Although I was not alive when he was running, my Mom said she worked in Toronto when he was running by. Supposedly there were a HELL of a lot of people just watching him and a lot of them were very emotional in just seeing what he was accomplishing.

http://www.ghostintheshell.ca/bubbles.jpg
I think the number one canadain should be Bubbles.

Hell yes! hahahah

Bubbles is my hero haha, I love how he likes to trash and steal shopping carts, bahahha good stuff

[quote=“Astrothug”]of course its not ok, but realy we cant help our selfes we just Crawled out of the primordial soup or ooze and are still trying to find our place of this plannet. David would love this plannet to go back a few thousand years in the past when life was simple. its too late, we are hanging on by a thread.
Again it does not matter about what is right or wrong as we cant change it. its set in motion. I ask you this do you think in 5 years when oil prices are reaching 150.00 american a barrel will we be driving hybrid cars…lol…nope, we will still be driving our SUV’s. We are in trouble but the people who got us in to trouble will never do anything to resolve it, mark my words. http://www.netoriginals.com/uss/images/resources/bomb.jpg[/quote]

Hehehehehe.

[quote=“Astrothug”] It would not matter if there was an moritoriam, these companies have thousands of lawyer who work for them and there job is to lobby the goverment to get what they want, with a small army of lawyer’s you can do what ever you want.
like drilling of the coast of BC, or like venezuela.[/quote]

the coast of bc is nothing like venezuela. the almight dollar always speaks though, im just not sure how much the native bands and governments are listening. i hope that the citizenry of bc doesnt let our govt roll over, and i dont know if im lookin at them through rose colored glasses but i dont think thats going to happen. i dont think we’ll get steamrolled on this.

Tommy Douglas
Pierre Trudeau
Lester B

How can Don Cherry have as much votes as Alexander, or Pierre Trudeau :confused:

Beats me… I sure didn’t vote for him.

Lets see if Don Cherry gets a mountain range named after him when he dies… if he does… I might classify him as one of the greatest Canadians.

top three should be

1. Don Cherry
    2)Pamela Anderson
    3)Alexander Bell

what has Don bust my ass Cherry realy done for canada eh.
I mean he is a load mouth, so he played abit of hockey and coached, but what has he done for canada. hmmm lets see, being realy loud, and putting down players from other countries. yep real canadain eh…

Asrtrothug i have to ask what does teh Ck stand for?

On the babies dier?

[quote=“Nomadic man”]

Asrtrothug i have to ask what does teh Ck stand for?

On the babies dier?[/quote]

my sons initials but now mine! :smiley:

Haha your into ms.piggy?

Don Cherry must have punched Ron MacLean.

Karl Marxxx was the greatest Canadian. SIfv you don’t agree. Eat poopskis.

DIsucss.

I xhanged my mind. I twas JOshn Lennnonski.

Karl Marx was Canadian? I don’t think Canada was a country when he was born :confused:

I am your faaatttherrrr, Groucho