Too Bad! Fields is closing

I know it was rumored to happen but Fields supposed to be closing in the next few months. Bad timing with Zellers gone for a few months til Walmart opens in Oct./Nov. Will we have the new Dollarama open by then, I wonder.?

Has this been confirmed? How did you hear this?

If this is true, it’s too bad that they couldn’t hold on until the new stores arrive because mall traffic is bound to pick up. On the other hand, I suppose competing with Wal Mart, Shoppers and Dollarama would be difficult.

Isn’t Fields owned by Zellers? Its closing might have been a part of the Target-WalMart deal.

yes it is to bad that another store in Rupert will be closeing, but it is not going to close until the fall. i was told by a friend that works for zellers .

Good riddance!!!

As far as a dollarama goes, there’s just what we need another dollar store. How many is that. Lets count them.

The dollar store
The bargain shop
Dollarama

That makes 3 if my math is correct. Now some of you may think that Im being unrealistic about the absolute garbage that all these stores pedal, but there seems to be a need in this town to purchase dinnerware made of recycled shit material covered in lead based paint just so you can feed your kids sapporo ichiban on something other than a paper towel.

[quote=“Green Bastard”]Good riddance!!!

As far as a dollarama goes, there’s just what we need another dollar store. How many is that. Lets count them.

The dollar store
The bargain shop
Dollarama

That makes 3 if my math is correct. Now some of you may think that Im being unrealistic about the absolute garbage that all these stores pedal, but there seems to be a need in this town to purchase dinnerware made of recycled shit material covered in lead based paint just so you can feed your kids sapporo ichiban on something other than a paper towel.[/quote]

Sapporo? What is it the kids birthday? I think you meant mr noodles.

JOHNNY5 NAILED IT.

makes sense for it to close owned by hbc. i think shoppers should go there and old extra foods could be more space for walmart lol