To upgrade or not

What is it with teachers and their computers? THey must drive you absolutely nuts!
Got 2 in to assess for SSDs and Windows upgrades, told the guy it would take a few days to order the drives and he wants them back to use while they come. Neither is even usable!!!
Honest to forking God, if you click and it takes two minutes for a window to appear and three more for the icons to show up it’s HOOPED! One’s Vista era and both have only 160 drives… got his hopes up about using his olf drives as USB because I assumed the damned things were made sometime in this millenium! Clue in when the bootscreen says Athlon X2 64 and you upgrade it yourself to Win7 32bit…

So did the Win10 upgrade, took only about 1/2 an hour. Seems a few seconds slower to boot but otherwise worked perfect. I think I will go back to Classic Shell the Start Menu is stupid. Documents, Downloads is missing and there’s a damned Candy Crush icon in there. The photos opens with a dumb preview where the thumbnails are all the same regardless if it’s a 4MB photo or an 80x100 avatar…

You can find Documents, Pictures, Music from File Explorer, pin them to the Start Menu and size & drag them into place.
Right click to get more options, including Control Panel. not that bad…