Tis the season for.. Cow Bay bridge closed for repairs

East - West travel in the city has one less option this week as City crews began work on the Cow Bay bridge, with the bridge closed to traffic as of this morning.

The announcement of the road closures seems to have been tasked to the city’s work crews, which placed signs on approaches to Cow Bay prior to the weekend, but left them covered until this morning…

(from the blog a town called podunk, click on the link below to see the entire article
atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … d-for.html )

Did they not do that same job a few years ago during the Pond era ? Does it now become a Mayor kind of thing to do ?

It does need to be upkept.

JC, with all the repairs to be redone, I wonder if not contracting the job out it would actually be fixed for a longer period of time?

[quote=“Bettyboop86”]

JC, with all the repairs to be redone, I wonder if not contracting the job out it would actually be fixed for a longer period of time?[/quote]

It looked like Adventure Paving was doing the job…not city workers

[quote=“Hoser”]

JC, with all the repairs to be redone, I wonder if not contracting the job out it would actually be fixed for a longer period of time?

It looked like Adventure Paving was doing the job…not city workers[/quote]

Thanks Hoser, I have not drove down that way to see because the road is closed. :smile: Hopefully it will be fixed, oops I mean last longer than the last patch job otherwise the city has to put it in the budget annually. :smile:

[quote=“Bettyboop86”]
Thanks Hoser, I have not drove down that way to see because the road is closed. :smile: Hopefully it will be fixed, oops I mean last longer than the last patch job otherwise the city has to put it in the budget annually. :smile:[/quote]

Judging by the number of patch/filler jobs on the new highway pavement between Fredrick street and Galloway Rapids bridge, I don’t have much hope!

last time it was broadwater replacing / fixing pilings. if its adventure paving sounds like they are resurfacing the road then. no big deal all you have to do is leave 2 mins earlier to take one of the other detours. but im sure it affects petro canadas business tho

Hi all -

Perhaps this will answer some of your questions: muskegnews.com/cow-bay-bridge-un … tion-again

Ciao.

-Muskeg News