Time to gripe - citywest cellular down again!

What a pain!!! I’m on call with a citywest cell that isn’t working - they should have to pay us for every hour we have to sit at home by a land line… &$@@**####!!!

Why in the world are you still with them? Rogers rocks …

It’s not me - it’s the employer =probably locked into a looooonnnngggggg contract.

Don’t you people get tired about complaining about the same old problems HAHAHA

Why in the world are you still with them? … a good question. There are other alternatives available to Citywest including: Rogers, Telus, Koodo etc. that have flexible plans and in the case of Koodo the option of signing on without signing a ‘locked in’ contract. Although it may not be store-front convenient to sign-up for some of the other plans - it sure beats the inconvenience that many say they’ve experienced with Citywest.

As for Rogers rocking: personally I believe ‘stoning’ might be more appropriate: I feel I had too many instances of uncooperative, rude, unhelpful customer service - customers seem to be considered enemy combatants by many of their policies and with their enforcers (sorry customer service agents). They didn’t get to be number one without reason - in customer dissatisfaction.

huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/09 … more296580

I agree with you chien22 about Rogers been rude, unhelpful service. The so called 24 hour customer service was very rude to my buddy; he called for help with his cell phone and the dude barked at him and told him it was 2am in the morning back east and not too call that late! 24 hours huh???

A year ago I had difficulty with my Rogers phone and I had the opposite experience. The IT person was very helpful and speedily helped me to order a replacement unit. I guess I lucked out.

[quote=“hitest”]

A year ago I had difficulty with my Rogers phone and I had the opposite experience. The IT person was very helpful and speedily helped me to order a replacement unit. I guess I lucked out.[/quote]

I’ve been with Rogers for about 5 years now. For the very few times I’ve needed to call them I’ve got nothing but great service and someone who speaks english clearly. Shaw is also like that. Bell on the other hand was the opposite.

[quote=“hitest”]

A year ago I had difficulty with my Rogers phone and I had the opposite experience. The IT person was very helpful and speedily helped me to order a replacement unit. I guess I lucked out.[/quote]

To be honest I had some very good experiences with Rogers as well: IT people who broke the rules to solve a problem, service agents who have been cheerful, helpful and honest (“I tried everything I know but will help you find someone who can help”)…but I’ve also had the long waits, the disconnects from customer service, I’ve been yelled at, suggested I was dumb etc. When I had to ask (politely) to ‘be treated as a human being’ and all the supervisor could say was ‘oh’ - followed by a long silence I decided to leave Rogers.

In the end it is a case of buyer beware, especially if you have to sign a long term contract: the penalties for leaving can be pretty steep. My experiences and the experience of others can serve as ‘red flags’ or ‘endorsements’ and may be helpful. But in the end it is up to the buyer to check and double check the services they want in relation to their needs…and choose the carrier and plan that works for them. (Hopefully doing the research won’t send your data plan into overload :wink:.

In the end it doesn’t matter who you’re with. You’re going to find good and bad whether you’re with Rogers, Telus, Bell, etc… And when it comes down to it, I would sacrifice customer service for good coverage and fewest dropped calls.

I am in love with my Telus customer service. I don’t even have to be on hold for long till I can talk to a person.
That being said, often, in my experience, people who get shitty customer service, are sometimes shitty customers. I keep that in mind.

We have Telus in Rupert and have no problems ever :smile: