Time-lapse photography

does anyone know of a good program which will take a series of stills from a digital camera and turn them into a movie?

I can set my camera to automatically take a shot once every X seconds ~ so if I could piece them together into a movie (running at say 24 frames per second) I bet I could do some really interesting things (like short videos of clouds racing across the sky).

iMovie may… but I am not a mac pro

nope, it only seems to allow 1 frame every 3 seconds.

Try imageready to do animated gifs, which is cool.

You can try Final Cut Pro (or Express) as well.

go whole hog and get adobe premier and you can set the duration, etc etc all that good stuff.

Dude, Final Cut:Premier is like Photoshop:Paintshop Pro.

Heh. Seriously, if you have OS X, Final Cut is the way to go.

Just for the sake of curriosity… what kind of camera are you using hoshq?

CrazyMike

Nikon D70.

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25214

Nice camera. I’m about to move over to a DSlr (as soon as I put the last of the $$ needed together) but will probably go to a Canon as I already have Canon lenses that will work.

I can’t wait though. Finally I can experiment with a Camera and not waste tons of cash on processing.

CrazyMike

Just tried the Shutter Shack “print over the internet” thing last night and picked up the photos today. I’m impressed. Good quality printing, even from crappy 3-year old jpegs.

They’ve got good quality digital printing there. Last year my wife and I ran off to Vegas to get married and had some photo’s taken. Rather than risk sending the prints in the mail, the hotel upgraded our package for free and gave us all the shots on CD-Rom. We brought them home and after a little cropping and tweaking had them printed at Shutter Shack. They turned out amazing. Way better than I expected.

I know once I finally do move to a DSlr I’ll be trying out that internet printing thing. Gotta love the convenience of that. 8)

I’ve actually only made prints of about 1% (or 200 of 20,000) of all digital photos I’ve taken.

I was Allan’s Guinea Pig for that one both mac and pc… : O )

I did an Internet print to Nothern Drugs and it turned out rather aight.

No entry found for aight.

Did you mean aught?
Suggestions:
aught
aiht
eight
adight
ai ght
ai-ght
aig ht
aig-ht
alight