Tim killed Charlie?

If this were Clue, it would be Mr. Horton with a knife in the kitchen

Coast Prince Rupert Hotel makes plans to close restaurant, possible franchise replacement an option.

cjfw.ca/News/Story.aspx?ID=1565705

One question though, I always thought that Charlie’s lounge was in the Crest Hotel?

Having eaten at this restaurant a couple times I would say the far bigger challenges are quality of food (maybe it’s better if they serve it to you hot?) and quality of service (once waited 10 minutes just to get a menu, yes I timed it). Difficult to eat somewhere when you are sitting there hungry and ignored and are looking out the window to see people across the street being served quickly and happily chowing down on hot food. Just a thought.

I believe the information in the article is mixed up. Charlie’s Lounge is indeed at the Crest. Charlie’s Dining Room is at the Coast. Blame everyone in this town wanting to name everything after Charles Hays.

Haven’t been there in quite awhile, used to go for dinner with a friend of mine , maybe once a month and never had complaints with the food. Service was slow considering the place was never busy and the servers would stand around the counter chatting and laughing before they would even come to the table. Food was on the lukewarm side but the servings were huge, always home with a doggie bag!! I thought it was closed already, never see anyone in there. The one thing that used to bother us were the folks who would stand outside the window and point and laugh or stick their faces up against the window, sometimes had to move away from that distraction ! Kind of doubt they will replace the restaurant, not much business there for some reason. Too bad!

I would not be surprised if a breakfast house franchise is opened in there (Denny’s, IHOP, Smitty’s ect).

Dear Ajaye the Psychic… please make this a White Spot.

Oh yes, with extra Triple “O” sauce, please!

Oh ya…white spot please…Ajaye, buddy…do your magic

doesnt sound like current restaurant at all. not the best but a decent place for breakfast or lunch. i dont think its as slow as u think either

[quote=“decker”]

doesnt sound like current restaurant at all. not the best but a decent place for breakfast or lunch. i dont think its as slow as u think either[/quote]

Good breakfast for sure… thats about it though

If they’re taking requests, a White Spot would be a great addition to the local scene.

I find it kind of strange that a donut shop would put a restaurant out of business, but then i rarely if ever ate their to begin with so I can’t say one way or another.

However, bring in a white spot and I think I might find some time to drop in.

Funny. I almost forgot that Charlie’s had even existed.

I only went there for breakfast maybe once a month, their lunch service and food was horrible last time I went.

The article says nothing about Charlies Lounge. It talks about Charlies Dining Room. It has always, always, been Charlies Dining Room. Even when I was a kid it was named that. There were paintings of him on the windows of the restaraunt when it was still called the Rupert hotel.

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

The article says nothing about Charlies Lounge. It talks about Charlies Dining Room. It has always, always, been Charlies Dining Room. Even when I was a kid it was named that. There were paintings of him on the windows of the restaraunt when it was still called the Rupert hotel.[/quote]

Ah when you come late to the party, you don’t always hear the good stories.

Too bad you didn’t read the story when it was first posted, hence the question at the top of this post regarding the location of Charlies Lounge.

They clearly had the two restaurants mixed up and then corrected it.

Glad he changed it then.

It’s too bad that the restaurant is closing, I always enjoyed eating there. I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved to continental breakfast style establishment as many places seem to be doing these days. It would cut down on staffing levels and the costs of operating a kitchen.

I have enjoyed good breakfasts at Charley’s. I am sad to hear that another business is closing.