These guys SUCK!

Here’s a little video for you if you’re worried that your band may not be good enough to perform live. As long as you’re better than these guys, you’re probably doing fine. break.com/index/finalcountdown.html

Is it bad that I was more intrigued by the guy in the short red shorts than the guys on stage??

The music wasn’t half bad… but as soon as that guy opened his mouth I lost interest.

I can honestly say now that Europe does a song better than someone. I never thought I would ever utter those words, but I have no choice.

[quote=“smartass”]Is it bad that I was more intrigued by the guy in the short red shorts than the guys on stage??

The music wasn’t half bad… but as soon as that guy opened his mouth I lost interest.[/quote]

Well, it sounds like the kid playing the keyboard (which sounds like a toy) could barely play the melody in the chorus. And the guitar player totally botched the solo too.

Funny thing is, I was in a band years ago and we played a rendition of this song, and it actually sounded pretty damn good. Replaced the keyboard with a guitar run through a harmonizer.

Also, gotta love that singer’s oh-so-flashy dance moves. Pacing back and forth across a five-foot patch of stage, and awkwardly raising his hand in the air on “stand tall.” What stage presence! :confused:

Lol remember we use to do that song, only thing that suck was mike never wanted to practice so i never got to do the wicked solo in it.

That band was doomed anyways. To much conflict between mike and chris

Although we could of 3 pieced it

I still got Science killed god
or is it i before e except after c?

[quote=“yngwie_69”]I still got Science killed god
or is it i before e except after c?[/quote]

Can I get a copy of it off of you?

[quote=“yngwie_69”]

Lol remember we use to do that song, only thing that suck was mike never wanted to practice so i never got to do the wicked solo in it.

That band was doomed anyways. To much conflict between mike and chris

Although we could of 3 pieced it[/quote]

Yeah, but what can you do? I actually saw both of them when I was in Van last month. Ran into Mike totally by chance down on Robson, and I hooked up with Chris for a few hours with another friend of mine. Was good to see them.

The thing is, that song doesn’t really represent Europe’s style of music very well. They still sucked, but it seems to me that they played a more standard style of 80’s metal.

Which almost doubles the suck factor. I have nothing against 80’s metal…I grew up on that, it’s just that they can’t play that either.

What do they say to each other backstage when they’re done?
“Hey Bobby, rippin’ solo man!”
“Yeah man, I was really feelin’ it. Best ever. Your vocals were dead on too!”
“Thanks man, I actually felt like Joey Tempest took over my body.”

:laughing: At first I was like what is he/she talking about then I heard him sing.

They are pretty bad.

They should change the name of the song from Final Countdown, to
Down for the count.

My ears are still trying to get that screechy sound clear of the aural canal…

<Zybl0re> get up
<Zybl0re> get on up
<Zybl0re> get up
<Zybl0re> get on up
<phxl|paper> and DANCE
* nmp3bot dances :D-<
* nmp3bot dances :D|-<
* nmp3bot dances :D/-<
<[SA]HatfulOfHollow> i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

DAMN! That’s nasty! I usually have alot of patience but you suck that bad you just shouldn’t suck that bad in public!!!

These guys suck the big bannana.

[quote=“MiG”][code]
get up
get on up
get up
get on up
<phxl|paper> and DANCE

• nmp3bot dances :D-<
  • nmp3bot dances :D|-<
  • nmp3bot dances :D/-<
    <[SA]HatfulOfHollow> i’m going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet
    [/code][/quote]

hahahaha we need to get in on that patent action there, yep :laughing:

[quote=“MiG”][code]
get up
get on up
get up
get on up
<phxl|paper> and DANCE

• nmp3bot dances :D-<
  • nmp3bot dances :D|-<
  • nmp3bot dances :D/-<
    <[SA]HatfulOfHollow> i’m going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet
    [/code][/quote]

MiG’s been reading Bash.org again. :smile:

Weird–I posted this link months ago, and it’s getting more responses now than when I first posted it.