The wolfman

Do you work for the government as a biologist or is this a wonderful hobby of yours, Astrothug?  Have you ever felt threatened by wolves?  I had a close encounter with two wolves once which unnerved me a bit:-)

yes we are working with Chris Darimont and Heather Bryan from the Raincoast Conservation Society and the University of Saskatchewan, picking up wolf scat and marking with GPS for the testing for parasites in the local wolf population. never felt threatened and had come with in 15 feet… of course we let them come to us…my wife was 9 months when we came across the full pack…

As rollins eloquently said “I didn’t know we were in a battleâ€

Did you happen to catch the wolf man on 20/20 this evening?  If you missed it, check it out at the following link:

abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3015683&page=1

See astro, after scooping poop, you can move on to sharing deer carcasses and grimacing with the wolves :wink:

That was awesome.

I’m sorry I missed that story.  That is amazing that the wolves accept him as part of the pack.  However, is it true that wolves are unpredictable?  Isn’t there a chance that the man may become lunch one day? :confused:

Interestingly enough, when this man left the wolves for an extended period of time he left as the Alpha male, however, when he returned (I think it was a month or two later) he was no longer Alpha.  He had to assume the role of subordinate.  He was just happy that the wolves still let him into the pack.

Astrothug, Your doing good work, Keep it up, I tell you, if it wasn’t for you, people would make up stories like they saved the town of Prince Rupert, by killing a pack, ect, ect, ect