The Wire is back tonight!

Ah, geez yet more glowing reviews for TV’s best show…

salon.com/ent/tv/iltw/2006/0 … index.html

You might be missing something, if you haven’t seen it yet!!

Dr. House would chew up the wire and crap it out on one of his many well mannered patients in which he doesnt give a crap about.

and for the record House is the number 1 network tv series… number 3 overall

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,272|||weekly,00.html

Dr. House wouldn’t last ten minutes in Baltimore, he’d receive the attitude adjustment of a lifetime…

House is so damn formulaic. It’s just just Patient X suffering from mysterious illness Y. House & crew misdiagnose him/her twice before finding correct diagnosis Z.

Now I realize that the draw about the show is more about the characters than the medical diagnosis (most weeks) but even then there really isn’t enough character development to hold my attention without a story to play along with. At least the wire has a story attached to it that you want to see develop over the season. Add to that the character development aspect and IMO The Wire is a much better show than house will ever be.

Mike

Well, just finished watching all three seasons of The Wire.  Ready for season 4!

Here’s my opinion, and I’m a TV junkie:

The Wire is the best TV series I’ve ever watched. 

Hey Mig, if you like the Wire (as you seem to) you probably would enjoy David Simon’s previous show about the Bo mo poh lice, Back in the nineties he had a show on NBC called Homicide: Life on the Street.

It was pretty cutting edge for the day and lasted I think seven seasons on NBC before they ended its run, it was never a big ratings monster, but built up quite the following during its run.

tv.com/homicide-life-on-the- … mmary.html

If you haven’t seen it before, I’m sure somewhere out there on the internet is a place where you can download the entire treasury…

When you watch it you can see where the idea for the Wire came from (and just how ahead of its time Homicide was at the time) and by extension where the cop show thing has gone, since then…

[quote=“MiG”]
Here’s my opinion, and I’m a TV junkie:
The Wire is the best TV series I’ve ever watched.[/quote]

Glad to have you aboard!

Have you watch the TV series “Weeds?” It’s a quirky show that I didn’t think I’d like but damn if it hasn’t grown on me. Also… please tell me you’ve watched Deadwood. It had the worst series ending I’ve seen in a long time (HBO is famous for that) but damn I loved that show.

Mike

Yup, been watching Weeds from the beginning.  Very cool too.

Two of the actors (Mary-Louise Parker and Justin Kirk) were on “Angels in America” – which was also great TV.

Haven’t seen Deadwood yet – I’m doing a course now, so I won’t get much time to overdose on an entire season :wink:

Well when you get the chance download the seasons of Deadwood. You’ve never seen a western with so much cursing and so many well written characters. Also the dialogue is like nothing I’ve ever heard before.

Mike

Firefly is my favourite western series :wink:

Though it does reside in that sparse genre of “space western”.