We want your fiction, creative non-fiction, or poetic interpretation of:
Postcards from the Edge of the World
Writers from Prince Rupert and the outlying communities are invited to submit their work for this juried event.
Cash prizes will be awarded for the best submissions:
• first place: $ 150
• second place: $ 100
• third place: $ 50
New! High school Grades 9-10: $ 50 i-Tunes Card
New! High school Grades 11-12: $ 50 i-Tunes Card
The collection of submitted work will debut in a spoken-word performance at:
Cowpuccino’s at 7:30 PM on April 25th.
selected works will also be published in an anthology.
- Submitted pieces must be typed, double-spaced, numbered, and be no longer than 500 words.
- Cover page must include your name, phone number and/or email, mailing address, title of the work, and number of pages. Your name must not appear on subsequent pages.
- High school students: please include your grade and your English teacher’s name on the cover page.
How to enter:
- By email: Send as an attachment to email@example.com. Deadline for emailed submissions is March 26th 2012, 11:55 pm.
- By regular mail to: Prince Rupert Community Arts Council, Box 341, Prince Rupert, BC, V8J 3P9. Mailed submissions must be postmarked no later than March 26th 2012.
Questions? Email us at artsprincerupert.ca/