The Party

Ohhh…

Better not say anything the “establishment” doesnt like, or they might do something nasty like “lock the topic”

I was trying to have a debate/discussion on childrens education, but it seems like things like spelling/grammer skills count more, and someone felt they should flood the thread with a bunch of senseless crap (mig), and on top of it, mig and others get to trash people and their topics and then just lock it.

Well go ahead and keep it up, I can make a thousand hotmail accounts and a thousand htmf accounts, so go ahead and lock every topic that I start, and after awhile, you wont have anything in here but spam, and locked topics, well, that and pictures of local under-age kids drinking and doing drugs…

Dude, MiG is the head cheese of HTMF and he’ll do whatever he pleases.

Unless you want to go through all the hassle of finding proxy servers or IP spoofers, making new hotmail accounts to join this site will do you no good… IP’s can be banned really easy.

Based on your “threats” I’d say you need to go back for a little more “childrens education”.

Mike

[quote=“daemon”]Ohhh…

Better not say anything the “establishment” doesnt like, or they might do something nasty like “lock the topic”

I was trying to have a debate/discussion on childrens education, but it seems like things like spelling/grammer skills count more, and someone felt they should flood the thread with a bunch of senseless crap (mig), and on top of it, mig and others get to trash people and their topics and then just lock it.

Well go ahead and keep it up, I can make a thousand hotmail accounts and a thousand htmf accounts, so go ahead and lock every topic that I start, and after awhile, you wont have anything in here but spam, and locked topics, well, that and pictures of local under-age kids drinking and doing drugs…[/quote]

Listen to yourself.

Is your time so devoid of value that you’ll hit rock bottom if not for your access to hackingthemainframe.com?

You make yourself sound like a revolutionary. The Rebel Alliance, fighting against insurmountable odds to free the masses from the thought-controlling evil government.

Why don’t you start your own website, all underground and shit, and call it stoptheevilthatishackingthemainframedotcom.com? Man, you could set up pirate radio broadcasts and distribute flyers and shit.

Hi Mike,

I’ve refunded your money, plus as per HTMF policy:

“If you aren’t satisfied, we’ll refund 200% of what you paid!”

So I’ll be doubling your refund. Sorry it didn’t work out for you, but perhaps you can go find another forum to join.

Thanks.

(also, it’s ‘grammar’ not ‘grammer’)

OK, I’ll debate some stuff.

What is your age limit? Why do you want children to narrow down their choices so early?

I agree somewhat with you here but for different reasons. I think these things ( in their basic version) are part of what one needs to be able to maintain a household.

[quote=“daemon”]
We need to put them in positions of responsibity, so that they become more responsible for their actions. Something like, build gardens and walkways around the schools, get the children involved in actually building a desk, then a classroom, a school, and after that a society…[/quote]

How about safety concerns? How about taking jobs away from those who already graduated from your carpentry program? There are school beautification project in many places on a volunteer basis.

Bottom line! Companies have to make money. Most of them will join programs like this for two reasons: tax break and/or good public image.
Now, there are programs like this that exist in some places but it is not that easy to get all the necessary approvals.

[quote=“daemon”]
Should we worry about what the rest of BC/Canada is doing, or just do this thing here, in Prince Rupert, and let them copy us, or is it going to be more of the usual, underpaid, overworked, and under-appreciated workers paradise that keeps me walking 2nd and 3rd…only you can answer this, so please on with the fireworks![/quote]

You got fireworks and then you started to pout.

[quote=“daemon”]
Ohhh…

Better not say anything the “establishment” doesnt like, or they might do something nasty like “lock the topic”[/quote]

I didn’t lock your topic but I can imagine that the language was getting out of hand. As a moderator, I can delete what I deem inappropriate.

Expect the senseless crap in the middle of threads. We usually don’t really care about that and just stay on topic if we want. Your panic was motivated by the frustration of knowing that not too many people found your topic interesting enough to engage. This happens to me all the time. Who cares?

[quote=“daemon”]
Well go ahead and keep it up, I can make a thousand hotmail accounts and a thousand htmf accounts, so go ahead and lock every topic that I start, and after awhile, you wont have anything in here but spam, and locked topics, well, that and pictures of local under-age kids drinking and doing drugs…[/quote]

In other words: It’s your party and you’ll cry if you want too!

P.S. Are you Bob Colebrook by any chance?

Well, Billy. The results of your Grade 3 aptitude test have come in and we’ll be transferring you to Skills 009 - Introduction to Nightsoil Collection and Lifeleesons 023 - Using H&R Block for Your Taxes next year. Best of luck.

Gee thanks, Mr. Dweevil. I can hardly wait!! Hyuk, yuk…

daemon wrote:

Intersting point here. Yes, I have seen illegal post, didn’t catch X3’s latest links (they are deleted (Like him)), probably for a good reason. There are alot of pictures here that could get someone in trouble. Freedom of speech just might get HTMF in trouble for allowing these pictures to be posted here.

If you take offense at a picture or message that is posted here, PM MiG, or e-mail him, and I’m sure he’ll take it down.

Yup, I’ve removed lots of stuff. Just need to tell me about it.

In fact, I just removed a photo that wasn’t offensive to anybody, but somebody asked me to remove it.

The local church lady emailed me and demanded I remove the obscene ‘flashing lady’ from our website. Unfortunately neither I nor any of the staff know what the hell she’s talking about. There is no ‘flashing lady’…
I know she once insisted her Windows had no taskbar, so maybe her computer gets URLs no one else gets too!

I can’t believe how offended some people get on the internet. It’s the internet. If you choose to use it then be prepared to be offended I say.

Man, cooking your own dinners versus cafeteria food is where it’s at. Mmmm, spaghetti.

They used to, and still may have trades high school-kids learn towards trades and not college. It’s not a new thing.

Oh, darn it! Did X3 get booted out of here? So sad! :cry:

It’s a funny thing: I’ve been away from Canada for so long that I’d forgotten that “Indian” could possibly mean anything other than someone from India. Is that wierd, or am I just wierd?

Then again, I’m also three sheets to the wind right now, so perhaps this post makes even less sense than I think it does right now.

On a related note, cold sake is GREAT on a hot muggy day!

Yes, X3 is gone. And while the crazy, confused, angry, needy, bastard had his faults, one thing you couldn’t question was his passion. :cry: Damn, that guy had passion.

[quote=“Stardog Champion”]Oh, darn it! Did X3 get booted out of here? So sad! :cry:

It’s a funny thing: I’ve been away from Canada for so long that I’d forgotten that “Indian” could possibly mean anything other than someone from India. Is that wierd, or am I just wierd?

Then again, I’m also three sheets to the wind right now, so perhaps this post makes even less sense than I think it does right now.

On a related note, cold sake is GREAT on a hot muggy day![/quote]

Stardog, do you live in Japan? If so, what are you doing there?

Saying that he had passion is pretty vague. What did he have passion for. All I know is that he made 50 new topics each day, about absolutely nothing. Wow 420 posts, time to…

I agree that he had passion. Unfounded or misguided passion often, but passion nonetheless.

[quote=“TranscendingRationality”]

[quote=“Stardog Champion”]Oh, darn it! Did X3 get booted out of here? So sad! :cry:

On a related note, cold sake is GREAT on a hot muggy day![/quote]

Stardog, do you live in Japan? If so, what are you doing there?[/quote]

Yes I do. I’m teaching English at a junior high school. I live about 40 km northeast of Tokyo. I’m also wroking at becoming a translator. I’ve been here for about five years now.

Sounds interesting, that must be quite a change?