The new forum -- stuff you should know

[quote=“MiG”]

That’s there now, is it not showing up for you? It says “recent topics” and shows the last 5 threads with posts (now known as topics, I guess). You can hit the “last post” on each line to jump to the bottom of each topic. If you want more than 5 topics, you can use the little page-turning widget just above and to the right of “recent topics.”[/quote]

Oh, my bad. It is and was working. What I meant, and didn’t convey, was the formatting of the recent topics. In the SMF version the recent topics were up and above the boards, prominently. The formatting was slightly less wide than the rest of the boards. Not trying to be picky, just really liked that layout, and if it is no trouble, then it would be a great “guide through the forum” much like the old-HTMF. :smiley:

Thanks MiG but they are still coming in so I will delete and block and see if that works and still no smilies except the icons above the reply box ! BTW, how do you use those, I clicked on the white dot beside one but nothing happened and yes, I know, I am a pain in the butt (insert smilie here !!)

If you are still getting e-mails, it means you haven’t unsubscribed from the topic.

The white dot worked (see the question mark above your post?)

The site looks good. I’m familiar with sites like these. So no prob here! And for those that are complaining, dotn complain about something your not paying for.

My only problem is that it won’t keep me logged in. Never a problem with the old site.

Hi CrazyMike,

Check out this post here:

How to auto-log-in

All is well on my end. Great job to those in charge ( the little icons don’t come up, 'not a big deal , although the dude with the afro looks great! )

Ahhhhh, I see now. ’ Used the edit function to respond to my icon issue. Got it!! ( no afro dude though)

Test…this is a test…attaching some icons, only leting me have one at a time ??
adding an attatchment…okay looks like it worked.

I dont know who in their wisdom brought about these changes…but all I can say is that its fucked.

The site needed to use different forum software as it was broken. Without a change HTMF would have gone off-line. You’re entitled to your opinion, mcsash. I like the new forum software.

Here’s an idea, pretend that the forum had to sign off for good due to technical issues. There you are now what are you going to do?

As I explained in another forum, the choice given to me was to either:

1. Change the forum software. I chose phpBB. If you’ve been around HTMF in the early years, you’ll recognize it as being our original forum software.

or

1. Take HTMF offline.

Which would you have chosen, mcsash?

In the old HTMF format there was a button at the top to click leading to the bottom of the page and also one at the botton leading to the top of the page … what has happened to this simple concept?

Accessing this site on my iPod Touch is useless now. It won’t allow me to use the quote feature and even a reply button sometimes just doesn’t show up. I usually used the Touch for privacy reasons, guess I won’t be able to get here as often since I hate having my kids,etc reading over my shoulder. Oh well…

Hey, I’m going to mess with that theme today – can you tell me what version of iOS you’re running on your iPod?

[quote=“MiG”]

Hey, I’m going to mess with that theme today – can you tell me what version of iOS you’re running on your iPod?[/quote]

I’m using 3.1.2

Not a frequent syncher or updater since my PC can be a little wonky. At least as of today I seem to be able to view a non-dumbed down version of the site AND it let me use the quote button without merely reloading like it was doing. Woooo-hoo!

Hey i tried out the iphone theme but now i am stuck on it, where is the in the iphone theme

Can we please get the time stamp changed? There’s something wonky with the times we’re posting stuff.

Hi Princess,

You need to go into your User Control panel and change your time settings to match your current geographical location.

HTMF FAQ

Yeah, I did that, but the posts are still coming up from the future. Oh well.