The last tourist ship

Well Thursday evening was the mark of another highlight for the Rinse, the last ship of the summer, but no big salute or send off. Now that certainly does not mean they will not be talking when they arrive home and I know we have mud on our faces again. There was the gentleman from the museum who was not allowed to use his wheel chair which enabled him to tour like all the others, now he was pleasently slapped in the face I would say. Then we have a gentleman who was attacked by some crazy chic who was wired on Meth. in the mall a week or two ago, she attacked his face in a very bad way. The security man came to his assistance and he was also attacked. Yes Meth is here so be ready for the walking dead and yeah living in a town which once welcomed them tourist. Did anyone notice there was not much from city council this past year and the ships? Is this all part of the Boom.

I coulda told you a few years ago that the demise of prince ruperts cruise ship boom would soon be a bust.
As for wheelchair guy…as I first read the article I was in dismay…but as I read on the curator had some valid points.  Some museums dont allow motorized carts.  VERY simple its to protect the exhibits.  Very simple.
I would love to see a meth head freakin out down town…I would snap out on the freaker sneaker.
Anyhow…just my 2 cents

Yes, Thursday was the last of the NCL ships for this year, but the Infinity is actually the last large ship of the year, as it arrives this Monday, the 22nd at 8am. 

I’m going to miss the cruisers… they were a constant supply of business and new, friendly faces are always nice to see.  I sure hope NCL doesn’t pull out of town anytime soon, and we can see the Mercury, or the Infinity back on more of a regular basis.

As for the girl freaking out in the mall… that was entertainment! 

Isn’t that a double negative or something?

I had been told by security person she was on Meth. but since posting my words last evening I was contacted by someone who claims she was their sister and she was just down-right drunk, really drunk. So my apology . :unamused:

It was only a matter of time, Prince Rupert cant compete with Victoria and Campbell River.
we only have Cow bay…

I love this little gem of a quote

woo them back with what?

We do not have anything which can entertain them American folk longer then ten min. I think the real store owners should have more play in this and not some mickey mouse comm. led by the likes of what we are seeing now. The people who were hard workers and noticed for great business by BC. Dwayne and his partner, I mean they care and they know the community. No more committees led by Curnes or otherwise picked by city…

Which museums? Why didn’t Rupert’s curator give them as examples?  I think those that actually ban power chairs are few and far between. The Royal BC Museum in Victoria allows scooters and wheelchairs and makes no mention of power chairs not being allowed, and I’m sure they have many more priceless artifacts the the Museum of Northern BC.  I’m glad this guy complained. 

The musesum wheel chair thing is so typical of Rupert…
There is nothing for people on ships to do here…  I don’t blame the company for re routing the ship to Victoria…  How can we compete and yes motorized wheel chairs are allowed in Victoria Attactions… I have seen them …
When it comes time to decide if they will ever come back that episode will always be remembered …  gradually NCL will leave as well… 

They seriously don’t allow wheelchairs in the museum?  Or am I misunderstanding something?

they dont want motorized wheel chairs in there…

discrimination against the disabled; I can see some human rights violation’s …
There will be some backlash on this I’m sure…