The Holiday thread

Merry Christmas, HTMF!! :smiley:

Happy holidays to all of you.  May your posts be witty and your replies, crafty.
http://www.lacoctelera.com/myfiles/josejones/badger%20christmas.jpg

Note:  Hitest,  I thought your post deserved its own thread even if it was a screenshot.

Fighting the War of Christmas since '2001.

Happy Holidays and Season’s Greetings!

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Good idea, thanks, BigThumb! :smiley:  Merry Christmas, man! :smiley:

So have a merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah, a crazy Kwanza, a tip-top Tet, and solemn and dignified Ramadan.

Happy Festivus everybody!

Dude, Ramadan was finished more than 2 months ago.  Tet won’t be here for another month.

But thanks for the sentiment.

When do the feats of strength and airing of grievances begin?

Stupid Frickin’ Holidays.

Is that “bah humbug?”

Festivus was yesterday (according to Seinfeld .)

My back is sore because the VP here is way heavier than SJ :wink:

[quote=“MiG”]
When do the feats of strength and airing of grievances begin?[/quote]

That made me think of this article:

[quote] December 24, 2006 – A pole war is threatening to ruin Festivus.

Three manufacturers of the holiday decoration invented in a 1997 “Seinfeld” episode are in a battle over who deserves the right to trademark the name “Festivus pole.”

On Dec. 26, 2005, Mountainmen Enterprises of Belle Vernon, Pa., applied to trademark the term for its metal holiday ornaments.

Nine months later, the Wagner Companies of Milwaukee, Wis., filed a counterclaim, saying it had been selling Festivus poles well before then.

Enter TheFestivusPole.com of Arlington, Va., which says its online business pre-dates Wagner’s.

Three weeks ago, after Mountainmen failed to respond, the Patent and Trademark Office ruled for Wagner, though Mountainmen has until Jan. 6 to appeal.[/quote]

I think they should settle it through “feats of strength”

Mike

and whenever Diwali starts, happy it too!
Have a good one people, I’m in PG and we may even get snow overnight. I can handle a little more, just for Christmas.

drink bacardi like its jesuses birth day  !

I’ll 2nd that!!  Let my only 39 consecutive hours off begin!!

Running to the window, he opened it, and put out his head.  No fog, no mist; clear, bright, jovial, stirring, cold; cold, piping for the blood to dance to; Golden sunlight; Heavenly sky; sweet fresh air; merry bells.  Oh, glorious.  Glorious!

“What’s to-day?” cried Scrooge, calling downward to a boy in Sunday clothes, who perhaps had loitered in to look about him.

“Eh?” returned the boy, with all his might of wonder.

“What’s to-day, my fine fellow?” said Scrooge.

“To-day?” replied the boy.  “Why, Christmas Day.”

“It’s Christmas Day!” said Scrooge to himself.  “I haven’t missed it.  The Spirits have done it all in one night. They can do anything they like.  Of course they can.  Of course they can.  Hallo, my fine fellow!”

“Hallo!” returned the boy.

“Do you know the Poulterer’s, in the next street but one, at the corner?” Scrooge inquired.

“I should hope I did,” replied the lad.

“An intelligent boy!” said Scrooge.  “A remarkable boy! Do you know whether they"ve sold the prize Turkey that was hanging up there – Not the little prize Turkey: the big one?”

“What, the one as big as me?” returned the boy.

“What a delightful boy!” said Scrooge.  “It’s a pleasure to talk to him.  Yes, my buck.”

“It’s hanging there now,” replied the boy.

“Is it?” said Scrooge.  “Go and buy it.”

Classic stuff, MiG! :smiley:  I watch A Christmas Carol every year; Alister Sims is perfect as Scrooge.

“Are there no work houses, are there no prisons?”

Thanks to our friend the Podunkian to link this song on his site
It’s one of my all time favorites at this time of the year.