The end of butter chicken at the OC Diner?

What’s the Scoop with the OC Diner???
Any rumours out there???

Failing that… since they don’t seem to exist anymore… what was their recipe for Butter Chicken?

What’s the Scoop with the OC Diner???
Any rumours out there???

Failing that… since they don’t seem to exist anymore… what was their recipe for Butter Chicken?

Not a Rumour: I was informed by the mall manager Laurie a few weeks ago that soon a new restaurant business called “Fresh Onion” will take over the space
The start date I forget…

I sure wouldn’t mind knowing that too. Their butter chicken was awesome. Hard to find a good recipe for butter chicken. And, the stuff in jars at Safeway don’t even come close to being in the neighborhood of even thinking about being able to hold a candle to theirs.

the hot house in terrace has awesome butter chicken

Not sure what the common consensus is on Rhodos Pizza “these” days but the butter chicken there, especially if you ask for “extra spicy” is totally awesome as well. Get the Naan bread rather than roti

Overwaitea has a dry seasoning mix that makes the best butter chicken. It’s on a top shelf in the section that sells the spices from India etc… It comes in a silver package called Butter Chicken Seasoning. You have to add the butter and milk along with the seasoning.

Have used the “Tin Bag” butter chicken mix from Overwaitea many times. Dal’s from Rhodo’s is pretty tasty, but the Overwaitea product is a viable alternative.
just have to figure out that dam nan bread or roti!!!

mmmmmm ditto… gotta go soon…

[quote=“woodnfood”]Have used the “Tin Bag” butter chicken mix from Overwaitea many times. Dal’s from Rhodo’s is pretty tasty, but the Overwaitea product is a viable alternative.
just have to figure out that dam nan bread or roti!!![/quote]

I’ve seen pre packaged Naan bread at Safeway.

…and at Overwaitea, bottom right of bread shelf, and bottom shelf just across from the bbq chicken.

One of our favourites, if we can escape the grandkids for a night when we’re in Terrace. In Prince George there’s SpicyGreens which is very good, but not open Sunday (which is the day we’re usually in PG shopping).
Starting to miss having Kartar and her 3,000 year old Mom living next door. They were always bringing treats over or inviting us for dinner.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]

One of our favourites, if we can escape the grandkids for a night when we’re in Terrace. In Prince George there’s SpicyGreens which is very good, but not open Sunday (which is the day we’re usually in PG shopping).
Starting to miss having Kartar and her 3,000 year old Mom living next door. They were always bringing treats over or inviting us for dinner.[/quote]

Have you tried Dana Mandi in PG? It’s excellent as well!

Is that the one on 15th sort of down across from KFC that used to be a bicycle shop? If so, I’ve been told it’s a MUST try. Wasn’t open the last time I tried to go there.

all well and good but i’m not driving 8 hours for butter chicken… i take it no one is willing to share the OC Diner recipe?

There are good jars of sauce for butter chicken out there. Not VH, it sucks. Overwaitea has some good ones but priced so outrageous you could buy a butter chicken dinner at the Hot House for damn near the same price.
We pick it up at this EI store in Abotsford for about $2.99 a jar, but we’re out. Making do with President’s Choice, it’s okay. We did EI when my vegan daughter came over. She loves that brown stuff with the chick peas in it that looks like diarrhea on rice.

Haryana’s in Terrace at the Kalum Motel is really fantastic as well!! Not a quick place for a meal though as they make it all fresh when you order it - our last meal there was about 2.5 hours but it was SOOO worth it!! Hot House is good for a quick meal but Haryana’s is tastier!

as another person mentioned - Dana Mandi in PG is also excellent and is open on sundays.

Again - a ways to drive for the meal i’m looking for…
no one has this recipe i take it.

[quote=“Midnight”]Again - a ways to drive for the meal i’m looking for…
no one has this recipe i take it.[/quote]

I was in there today and picked up a menu…there is butter chicken on the menu…go try it, maybe it’s the same recipe :smile: