The Couch Ate My Mom!

Emergency medical technicians summoned to the home of a grossly overweight woman in Stuart, Fla., in August had the usual problems removing her (inadequate stretcher, doorways too small), but there was a more serious concern for the 480-pound woman: She had not budged from her couch in several years, and its covering had become grafted onto her skin, requiring her to be transported while on the couch (and the couch surgically removed at Martin Memorial Hospital). (She died in the hospital, of breathing complications.) [WFTV-TV (Orlando), 8-11-04]

How did she go to the bathroom if she never moved?

Did you really have to ask that question?

Mrs. Grape?

Mrs. Grape could move… a little.

I always thought that the question was not “What’s eating Gilbert Grape?”, but “What’s Gilbert Grape’s mom been eating?”

Burn!

Arnie is my hero, by the way.

Ever hear about all those really fat peopel who die and need to get a wall taken out of there house so they can remove the carcass

The woman who played Mrs. Grape was on some talk show that was following her weight loss routine. Never saw the results, it was on in daytime.
My sister moved to Halifax years ago and she was chunky. She says Halifax is ‘fatter’ than Vancouver, she felt positively skinny. Then she got celiac syndrome and now she’s like a stick person. Says she feels worse about being skinny there than she did about being hefty in the West End.
I’m big, and I like buying clothes in the USA. They can be big and in style down there instead of buying jeans that buckle up around your nipples and barely pass your knees, and shirts with sleeves that barely pass your elbows.

Yea, you gotta love that, or the wonderful new style of jeans where the legs are the size of toothpicks and even size 40 jeans barely fit over your legs.
:unamused: It is really depressing shopping in the fat people section at walmart and still not having clothes fit. No i am not morbidly obese.

Yeah, I know how you feel. Women are expected (thanks GUYS) to be so skinny, that they actually have a SIZE-0 now. Wow, wish I had that problem; clothes always too big so they invent a smaller size for me. My god that is sad.

i always get a chuckle when i read people complaining about their weight on the internet.

[quote=“jesus”]Yea, you gotta love that, or the wonderful new style of jeans where the legs are the size of toothpicks and even size 40 jeans barely fit over your legs.
:unamused: It is really depressing shopping in the fat people section at walmart and still not having clothes fit. No i am not morbidly obese.[/quote]

When I was 22 an playing football I was like 190lbs and went for a class 4 in (town not mentioned). I passed but the examiner insisted I was ‘morbidly obese’ and needed a doctor’s certificate.
Unfortunately for him, he left my papers identifying me on his desk. So they had no idea who I was after I scooped them and smashed his teeth in and ran away. tsk tsk…

I am not fat… but im not a stick man either. I like my pants baggy but tahts impossible now because its cool to squish your balls.

I don’t know about squished balls being classified as cool… but I do know that showing a little bit of a bulge isn’t a crime :open_mouth:

If a cool guy jumped off a cliff, would you?

Having a male camel toe IS a crime.

hah… yeah I can not figure out how people can walk around with toes diggen into them like that… talk about high pain tolerance :unamused:

[quote=“t-bone”]

If a cool guy jumped off a cliff, would you?[/quote]

uhh… i dont buy pants that squish my balls but too many little boys think that tight pants are cool, so thats the style most stores carry therefore i will stick with my old pants.

I would stick to no pants if people would only let me…

I guess it is better to stick to a pair of pants than to remain stuck in a couch.