The cheques are in the mail

Thinking of opening an RBC account with it and getting a free Asus Eee.

In Calgary for the most part yesterday it was at $1.33 and $1.34. I did see a husky with $1.38 posted. With a 140 liter fuel tank I hope they start putting out boxes of tissues so I can dry my eyes while fueling. :neutral_face: That hundred dollar cheque would be just over half a tank. :unamused:

Geez if I lived in Alberta where all the oil is, and I had to pay 1.38 I suspect I’d be looking to find a revolutionary group to seize the oil fields and start selling the stuff at a more hometown advantage of a price… 

You guys need to share the pricing structure of other sheikdoms in the world, Saudi Arabia, Dubai er, Venezuala, where the price is beneficial to those who live above the ground… :smiley:

At 1.38, with no provincial taxes, then you’re paying more than in Rupert or Terrace.

Was 1.33 at Safeway in Terrace, with provincial sales tax.

LMAOWT AHEM :imp: Our premier is as crooked as a dogs hind leg in the forest. I knew who he was looking out for before the election and I couldn’t believe that Albertans were duped into giving him a 4 year dictatorship. (71 of 82 seats if I recall) Campbell is more of a conservative than Stelmach (and I really don’t care if I spelled his name wrong!) We see taxes going up and services going down. User pay leads the way in Alberta. Instead of Al-Qaida we have I’ll-suckup.

The Alberta advantage is standing in line to buy anything. Its like its freakin Russia for crying out loud. 4.6 billion dollar surplus and they are having trouble with the budget. Did I mention that we may be facing up to a 37% increase in auto insurance? BTW my house insurance went up by about 15% although nothing has changed.

Our roads are a joke and there is far too few of them. In the last 9 years my commute to work (22 km) went from 14 mins to 32 mins in spite of twice as many lanes. I’ve been over an hour and 10 mins on a snowy (4 ins) day. I live in the south end of Calgary and it took me almost an hour an 15 mins to get down town an hour after rush hour peak, the reason? THE ROADS WERE WET! It only took me 40 mins for the same trip a week earlier.

Yes, I know we are getting HUMPED at the pump and we just accept it, bloody sheep that Albertans are. About a month ago I took the taxes out of gas prices in Calgary and Vancouver and it worked out that Calgary was paying 7 cents more in spite of the fact that we ship a lot of gas from Calgary to Vancouver, free shipping I guess. ‘When out of Alberta you heard a mighty scream’ “WHO PUT THE SAND IN THE VASELINE!”.

Anybody thinking of moving to Calgary now? [/rant]

Sorry about the rant but ThePodunkian hit the right nerve at the right time. :wink:

LOL, I have a few friends who call Alberta home, you mirror many of their concerns/complaints except you left out health care and education…  not to get you started again or anything though… :imp:

We have health care? :astonished: The whole province has turned into a gong show due to rapid growth and not so rapid thought on the part of provincial politicians. The provincial debt got paid due to lack of maintenance of the infrastructure. Well DUH! If you don’t spend a dime on your house for 20 years its going to cost a bundle to get back in shape. :unamused:

They sure found the money for a 25% pay raise to ministers after their inflation adjustment (and then some) raise for all MLA’s earlier this year.  :angry: The golden parachute is unreal as well. The sad part is the average Albertan has no idea nor can they find out just how deep it goes.

Just remember that you’re going to have to pay income tax on that $100.

As a personal protest I’m sending my cheque to the Prince Rupert Anti-Poverty Society.

I know it won’t register as any kind of protest to anyone else, but it makes me feel good.

It’s time for a protest. Let’s all stop driving and lay down in the street.

FYI

The cheques are not considered income, therefore they are not taxable…

I haven’t done my taxes for, ahem, awhile. Where do I get these forms. I could use the hundred bucks to pay a tax guy.

Here is the link for the form to acquire a $100 climate action cheque, if you have not done 2006 or 2007 taxes…

If you have done these at least one of the above you dont need it… 

sbr.gov.bc.ca/documents_libr … 1NFILL.pdf

Yeah, the cheques are in the mail, and the drunks are pissing them away up against my foundation.  Niiiice.

Awesome your rock. Thanks so much.

My husband got his bike fixed, and I bought myself a new bike.  The money will be used to pay off the credit cards we used to pay for the bikes.

Mine went to a vet check up…lol

Mine went to nothing specific, except I got my hairs cut.

Which hairs?

The hairs on my head.  :smiley:

Awesome!

lol I was asking myself the same question Eso :smile: