The big proposal!

Archie will marry Veronica, but Mr Lodge makes him sign a pre-nup.
Jughead is so dismayed he becomes a crack-addled street person.
Reggie is so jealous he plies her with a lot of coke, fucks her six ways from Sunday and posts it on youtube.
Which Archie sees and dumps her to be consoled by Betty, who he ends up married to after Mr Lodge bribes a judge and get the marriage to Veronica annulled rendering even the pre-nup worthless.
Within six years Betty has five kids, weighs 450 lbs and wears yellow stretch pants.
Archie is forced to join the reserves and is shipped out. He comes back a decorated Capt. in the 405th Latrine Squad but is PTSD and spends the rest of his life drooling in a wheelchair around the corner from the Malt Shoppe in the run down VA hospital.
His kids visit every second Sunday and tell him about “Uncle-Daddy Moose” who takes them camping and helps Mommy sleep through the night… :imp:

There was an underground comic with that storyline, I think National Lampoon also did a similair story 

So you’re saying Herbie’s a plagarist?

maybe, maybe not.

A journalist friend of mine called plagiarism research.

A local journalist?

No, a different time, far far away

He’s right!  :smiley:
National Lampoon did “Archie and Junkhead” that had the gang sitting around shooting up… but plagiarism refers to content, not concept.
Someone else remembers National Lampoon? I always bug my Mom for tossing out my copy with the “If Ted Kennedy drove a VW he’s be President” ad in it. The few copies that got thru are worth a fortune!

Thats the Nat Lamp  one , however there was also anoither Archie parody that I vaguely remember,it’s all so blurry, maybe its the early onset of C.R.A.F.T disease.

I think he should have chose Betty. Sure Veronica has the money and all but shes a stuck up snob and totally pain in the butt. Financially he would be set for life but good luck living with a woman who changes her mind more then she changes her clothes. Betty would have been a way better idea. She has a great personality and is always willing to help people. But hey as they say “its his loss”