Terrorist threat

No doubt everyone has heard about the London terrorist threat.  As unfunny as this event is (and the thought of what might have happened dreadful) I find the following funny:  after watching several newscast about the events the phrase “dry run” has appeared.  As in, the terrorist were planning a “dry run” to test security.  However, after the press explains this they go onto explain the new security measures being implemented, namely bringing no liquids onto a flight.  It’s the flying public that is experiencing a “dry run”.  Funny juxtaposition.

It was really funny watching security people on TV dumping all liquids into big containers.

Duh.

If there were liquid explosive (or liquefied nerve gas!) in any of the containers, the last thing one should do is empty them haphazardly in a big garbage container.

It would be even worse if the terrorists planned on going in twos with the idea of combining two different liquids to create the explosion.

Just think of the fun you could have in pairs. Bleach and ammonia. Pepsi and mushed up Mentos.

msnbc.msn.com/id/14320452/

[quote]NBC News has learned that U.S. and British authorities had a significant disagreement over when to move in on the suspects in the alleged plot to bring down trans-Atlantic airliners bound for the United States.

A senior British official knowledgeable about the case said British police were planning to continue to run surveillance for at least another week to try to obtain more evidence, while American officials pressured them to arrest the suspects sooner. The official spoke on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the case.

In contrast to previous reports, the official suggested an attack was not imminent, saying the suspects had not yet purchased any airline tickets. In fact, some did not even have passports.[/quote]

Gotta keep the fear up!  How else is Karl Rove going to justify a Reichstag Fire Decree?

Also, airport security is a farce, or more accurately, it is a theatre to make us afraid and feel safe at the same time.  It isn’t about security at all.

schneier.com/blog/archives/2 … secur.html

So now that you’re no longer allowed to bring fluids on board how much do you want to bet all drink prices go up on flights.

Oh and what about time delay liquid explosives in your stowed luggage… great security measures.

Agreed, the security measures are a joke!
So then we can have the liquid explosives go off in the baggage compartment instead of the overhead bin.  That way we’ll get a chance to live longer as the jet spirals into the sea, lol. :smiley:

Never mind, I didn’t realize it had already begun:

villagevoice.com/news/0633,hentoff,74165,6.html

Yep, the neanderthal cowboy from Texas does what ever he wants. :angry:

The liquids aren’t time delay.  You mix two together and detonate it with a mobile phone.  Punch a whole in the wall of the cabin, spill the mix into the frame of the plane and bring it down in flames.

When flying from YVR to Frankfurt the day of the terrorist threat I had to move my cologne, toothpaste, mouthwash, drinks, etc. from my Carry-On to Checked baggage.

Budapest Ferihegy Airport doesn’t seem to care though…  They’re just more angry that YOU get to leave the country when THEY can’t…

10 hour filght without your PrepH???

aaaiiiiiiiyyyyeeeeee!!! :imp:

If i was a terrorist and wanted to kill alot of people…  i would…fake an attack… making airports packed shoulder to shoulder.

like this

static.flickr.com/89/215062125_d … 3a.jpg?v=0
static.flickr.com/84/215062259_6 … 6a.jpg?v=0

why not…

set some bombs off while in line.

if 24 guys where going to do it then im thinking 24 differnt lines

are there bomb detectors before this point?

I should start a nudist airline…everyone is naked…the pilot…the stewardess, all naked and then we wouldnt have all these problems with concealed weapons. one quick cavity search and your ready to board.

Had a 4 hr delay at Vanc Intl and sat outside to smoke. Noticed a group of US Tourists waiting for their bus fearfully eyeing a guy in security uniform with a turban.
*OMG Edna the State dept was right, these goddam Canucks hire terrorists to guard the airport!

It would not  surprise me or many others  that  Americans could see things that way about our fine country. If only they knew how to spell or know the word Multi-cultural instead of Multi-Redneck . Proud to say I live in Canada and so are the Airport security members who follow their traditions.

In the war on terror, the duty free liquor is the first to go!

cbc.ca/story/canada/national … ml?ref=rss

Not for us cross-border shoppers, thankfully. Lookin’ forward in a few weeks to cheap (by our standards) gas, cheap restaurants, cheap groceries and cheap booze, with the loonie at a respectable 89 cents US … and not a single airport security queue in sight.

Might have an hour wait returning north across the border, though.

There you have it folks we’re screwed

hermes-press.com/police_state.htm
Were on the verge of seeing a police state, down there in the states, there trying so hard to scare us…

I think there will be a staged terrorist action again in the states or Canada in the next 6 months, and this one will complete the American Bush regime, the government will take over everything to protect the people……or some shit like that….

Hahaha aw man. That made me laugh good stuff man