Tattered flags

With Remembrance Day fast approaching, perhaps a public service for those services and businesses around town flying less than majestic flags.

I’ll start off with a reminder for the Court House and whomever owns the old SQCRD building on the courthouse grounds, both flags there are looking a little worse for wear, would be nice to see them replaced by November 11.

Weigh in with your flag spotting folks…

Chances

[quote=“CharlesMHays”]With Remembrance Day fast approaching, perhaps a public service for those services and businesses around town flying less than majestic flags.

I’ll start off with a reminder for the Court House and whomever owns the old SQCRD building on the courthouse grounds, both flags there are looking a little worse for wear, would be nice to see them replaced by November 11.

Weigh in with your flag spotting folks…[/quote]

Great idea!! I’ve noticed the flag at Chances and it certainly needs to be replaced.

For everyone’s info, here is some information on flag etiquette in Canada.

pch.gc.ca/pgm/ceem-cced/etiqtt/index-eng.cfm

We looked after the courthouse flags today. I have a yearly reminder set up that alerted me last week to check the flags, but since we were heading into another storm I decided to wait a week. The flags were changed out today, and I have a spare on hand in case something goes wrong between now and Remembrance Day.

I can’t help but notice the Maple Leaf flag in the lower parking lot of the Rupert Square literally flying upside down… right across from where Save on Foods once was.

the upper mall parking lot is worn also… good post Ferman

Wonder if we can get Safeway to fly a Canadian flag, if memory serves correct they have a BC flag and a corporate flag flying at the moment. Mind be a nice gesture to swap the corporate logo for the Maple Leaf.

just an observation,but the middle school could use a new flag as well. Kind of wondered why at the beginning of the school year…they aren’t changed.