Tammy Blumhagen

Alice Laura Louise Blumhagen (nee. Anderson)

March 2nd, 1960 – May 9th, 2012

It is with great sadness we announce the passing of Tammy Blumhagen. Tammy passed away peacefully with her husband at her bedside following a courageous battle with cancer. She is survived by her loving husband Gordon of twenty-eight years, her daughter Lori (James), sons Jon and Karl, step-mother Margaret and many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.

Tammy will be remembered as a beloved wife, mother, teacher and friend to many.

A memorial service will be held for her on Saturday May 12th at 7 pm at the United Church. Tea will follow.

In lieu of flowers, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society in her name would be appreciated.

A special thanks go out Dr. Croft and to the PRRH nursing staff.

Oh my. I did not know she was even sick. She was one of the nicest people I’ve ever met and worked with. Truly sorry for the family’s loss.

Tammy was a good person. Her smile is what I will always remember. Rest in peace, Tammy… you will be missed.

As a new person,here five years ago, I had the fortune of being invited onto Tammy and Gordons boat this tme of year for a rainy Sunday afternoon. Good stories and something I’ll never forget. Tammy never stopped giving.

All good wishes.

Sad news indeed! My deepest sympathies to Gord and family at this difficult time.

Gordon and his family have set up an account at CIBC Prince Rupert for anyone who is interested in making donations in Tammy’s name. All donations will be given to the Price Rupert Regional Hospital’s Palliative Care Unit to help them purchase new items for that ward. Donations are also still able to be donated in Tammy’s name and memory to the Canadian Cancer Society. Thank you to all of you for your kind words at this time. Tammy will be sadly missed not only by her family but by those who had the chance to know her.